• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Optometry.....eas (1 Viewer)

Buckler26

Hey, im applying for optometry and also EAS
suppose i am granted EAS what score will i need to get into optom?
will it be significantly lower?
reply ASAP

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hmm, you have to beat 95% of the people who are applying for Optometry also carrying EAS. Probably around 95 at least.

Note: B Optomery is no more. They changed it to a 5 year program B Optomery/B Science combine degree for 2006.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
buckler, for optom EAS last year the UAI was 97.9. Most people are saying the uai will rise, so you would probably need more than 98.

kaitoufion

HSC
Go to this website: www.uac.edu.au
Go into the Undergraduate section and they have a list of 2005 UAI cut-off for all degrees.

Under HECS, you will probably need a UAI of at least 98 (excluding EAS).
For Fee-Paying, you will need at least 97.5 (excluding EAS).

There is actually a very high chance that most degrees' UAI cut-off will increase in 2006, so you should aim a bit higher like between 98.5 & 99 for HECS.

Last edited:

kaitoufion

HSC
Depending on how many extra points of UAI you will get from EAS, for most cases you usually get a maximum of 5 extra UAI points.

So you get an EAS of 5 UAI points, and you are applying for a Fee-Paying course for Optometry, I would suggest you need an UAI of at least 93.5 to 94.

However it is always better to aim a bit higher coz we are only estimating here.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
kaitoufion it doesn't work like that. UNSW is max of 10. But it depends on how many people apply. There is a sub quota for EAS applicants. I.e. if it is 5, then 5 people who have EAS and have the highest uais will get in.

Note that EAS may not be lower than the normal cut off at all. However this is unlikely.

kaitoufion

HSC
Really?? Maybe it's different for Optometry then :) Sorry if I gave you the wrong advice.

But coz my friend who got into UNSW could only get a max of 5 EAS for Commerce, so I thought an EAS of 5 is the max for UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)