OptusNet DataMonitor (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
no because under the assumption which optus is making, unlimited is not related to the download quota

unlimited is in relative terms to the speed of downloads, which for optus cable is unlimited

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Unlimited.. to 12Gb... fkn defined terms shits me. Unlimited should be UNLIMITED, not fkn 12gb at normal speed then the rest of the month drowning under 28.8.. i mean atleast we should have gotten 64k like telstra.

Collin

HSC
N/A
28.8 is not even that for Optus.

I joined up to Optus ADSL last month, and my starter account was a base 300MB limit. Needless to say, I got through that pretty fast, and was down to '28.8kps'. But sites were loading as if they were around 10kps or less all the time, and I can back this observation up with fact because when I was on dialup, sometimes I would connect at around 28kps (bad connection), and it would be way faster than the so-called '28.8kps' Optus blasts you down to after your limit.

Merforga

Lets just say optus data moniter is screwed. It takes forever to update but the millisecond you go over...WHAM you're capped . With telstra, they don't even cap you half the time. And when they do, they send an email giving you 24 hours notice. -_-"

Collin

HSC
N/A
Actually I might have to offer a different story, Optus didn't cap me down to 28 until the next time I reconnected. So I ended up staying online for an extra 8 or so hours just downloading past my limit, it was beaut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)