• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

oral / fingering and STDs (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah you are right, herpies is shit, its probably the worst STD that a male had a decent chance of getting that is scary, because lots of people have it and theres no cure. I think its pretty obvious that you dont have sex with people who have sores on their area, but if you do get it dont stress, its not the end of the world, all you have to do is put up with a painful and irritating outbreak of sores a few times a year, and the frequency of outbreaks lessens over time.

I never actually said i was actually against scare tactics, its good for the majority of the uneducted population because it decreases their risk of AIDS which in turn decreases my chances of AIDS. If you want some legititmate education though, dont turn to the government. Like you said though, take those chances of getting AIDS with a grain of salt, once i saw you mention to viral load i went back to check and yeah they didnt say anything about that.

Pool safety: just by having a fence and gate there you will halve the chance of a drowning in your pool. Adult supervision doesnt really need to be enforced, because once it was a law more people would do it just because its a law and they dont want to be criminals. Parents dont try to make their kids die, but it happens through negligence. For the first say 6 years of my life, i dont remember a single instance where i was out of my parents sight, its called good parenting.

The equivilent wouldnt be to outlaw pools, it would be to heavily restrict them, e.g only pools of a certain type allowed, no pools for recreation or self defence[moats lawl] only for training for the olympics in swimming, restrictions on Cl and who can buy it, background checks before you can etc etc. The comparision was meant to be a funny though, noting how some things are seen as dangerous and bad, where as in some cases things seen as good and fun actually kill more kids.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Thing is Serius, someone's ethnicity, sexual orientation or otherwise, does not determine whether someone has STD/STIs or not. Much like WAF said; correlation and not causation.

Also, using statistics in that way demonstrates poor judgement - statistics are designed to create a model of trends, nothing else. So someone being 'het, white or azn and a male, non-drug user' is no protection or insurance. It is also incredibly stupid to presume safety (to whatever limited extent) from STD/STIs just because of those factors - those kind of presumptions are what causes epidemics in these kinds of things.

Additionally, considering not everyone admits to being homosexual/bisexual or to drug using then it is very very hard to form statistics from these facts. For example, how many of those homo/bisexuals with AIDS come from the clubbing scene? (Which is rife with one night stands regardless of sexual orientation)

So more like:
You won't get STD/STIs if you prevent fluids (in almost all case sexual fluids and blood) from entering your body - whether through genitals, mouth, rectum, cuts or eyes (eww facials). If you're sexually active with more than one partner on a regular basis (or your partner is) then it is probably good practice to get a blood test every so often if you don't know the people you've had sex with.

Last edited:

teleopa

HSC
what happens if my finger nail lining is sort of damaged, so I wear a latex glove while fingering? will she think i'm weird? well i guess thats better than exposing myself. but say I do wear latex while fingering, will there be ANY chance of me getting anything?

cheers.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
teleopa said:
what happens if my finger nail lining is sort of damaged, so I wear a latex glove while fingering? will she think i'm weird? well i guess thats better than exposing myself. but say I do wear latex while fingering, will there be ANY chance of me getting anything?

cheers.
Maybe stop fingering girls with std's?

Reminds me of a story that happened to a friend of a friend. He fingered his girlfriend with a condom for some reason, and lost it inside of her.

teleopa

HSC
because the lining is damaged on all my fingers. she doesn't have an STD, i just want to be safe, especially considering she may be having a period at the moment (i think she is),

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
So? Wash your hands afterwards.

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Washing your hands doesn't really protect against STDS, if she has an STD and has her period and he has damaged finger nail lining there is a chance of contracting whatever the fuck she has.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
on a tangent, what is everyones take on broaching the std issue with a new partner? do you bring it up in a new relationship or do just assume 'oh they wont have anything'.. its something im pretty anal about, but its kind of a hard issue to bring up. "oh honey, so yeah your not poking me with that thing til you get an std test!"

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Serius said:
Basically unless its AIDS, STDs arent that big of a deal, and you wont get AIDS if you are straight and not a junkie or sleeping with people who are junkies.
ever heard of stepping on a needle? AIDS/HIV can lay dormant in the body for 10 years. What happens if you were on the beach and stepped on a needle, then 10 years lter you had sex with your gf, you can give her HIV to. If shes not a junkie, striagh and doesnt sleep around (i.e. was a virgin until she met you)...what does that tell you? this situation is also possible... so shut the fuck up.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
we are talking about probablility statistics here, not a highly unlikely scenario. Even if the blood on the needle contained HIV, you have a very very low chance of contracting it because HIV needs to be at blood temperature to survive. Considering how few people actually have HIV, the chance that the needle has AIDS is allready pretty low.

Assuming you somehow beat the odds[how many people contract HIV from this scenario a year anyway? 1, 2?] and this happens, her chances of getting AIDS from you is less than .3%.

HIV is scary as shit once you have it, but if you are a straight non IV drug user who doesnt sleep with risky people[i.e prostitutes or the homeless, Sally from marketing who gets around abit doesnt count] your chances of encountering it are so small that they are statistically not significant[which is why i can claim you wont get it, even though there is a miniscule low chance - because statistically its correct]

Anyways if you stepped on a needle you are irresponsable for not getting a battery of tests straight away, and until you get the results back its probably a good idea to not have sex.

Sorry to tell you guys, but the crap you were fed in school was basically just to scare you :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
on a tangent, what is everyones take on broaching the std issue with a new partner? do you bring it up in a new relationship or do just assume 'oh they wont have anything'.. its something im pretty anal about, but its kind of a hard issue to bring up. "oh honey, so yeah your not poking me with that thing til you get an std test!"
Can't he even "poke" you with a condom?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Serius said:
Sorry to tell you guys, but the crap you were fed in school was basically just to scare you :)

I hope you get AIDS and die!

You can also get AIDS/HIV from a blood transfusion, and dont tell me you cant cos my mothes a nurse and has seen it happen. This can also happen with hepititis. Whilst the blood donated by people is screen its still possible for things to get past, particularly when it can take up to 3 months to be able to tell if the blood has the virus in it. Not to mention, again that AIDS can lay dormant for 10 years.

You dont know what youre talking about. Even if the needle thing did happen and you got a whole bunch of tests and treatments, they dont always work.

Hell, you can even get AIDS from helping a wounded person, we all know that. What if that wounded person was a friend who didnt know they had HIV and you helped them when they got hit by a car and got their blood in you through a cut?

Also, some people are born with it and they dont know til later in life, particularly if they have been adopted. some people dont even 'feel' the symptoms for 20 odd years.What if they then got married and had sex with their wife? they would pass it on then and risk their children getting it too.

Get your facts right and stfu!

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
in the vast vast majority of cases HIV is obtained from sex and drug use. My facts are right, because anything less than 1% chance of happening means i can say it wont happen. Even if you bring 50 highly unlikely scenarios to the table it doesnt make my statement wrong[ yeah well like, what if someone normal with AIDS who you didnt know picked up your fork and tasted your food when you werent looking, then you ate with it and and the SALIVA! you could get AIDS from that!] How about we start talking about likelyhoods instead of what 'could' happen. A few thousand people in a population of 20million doesnt scare me. It scares me even less when you consider 81% of them are gay or IV drug users. I have about the same chance to get some sort of fucked up tropical disease that might appear on an episode of House than i do of getting AIDS.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Serius said:
in the vast vast majority of cases HIV is obtained from sex and drug use. My facts are right, because anything less than 1% chance of happening means i can say it wont happen. Even if you bring 50 highly unlikely scenarios to the table it doesnt make my statement wrong[ yeah well like, what if someone normal with AIDS who you didnt know picked up your fork and tasted your food when you werent looking, then you ate with it and and the SALIVA! you could get AIDS from that!] How about we start talking about likelyhoods instead of what 'could' happen. A few thousand people in a population of 20million doesnt scare me. It scares me even less when you consider 81% of them are gay or IV drug users. I have about the same chance to get some sort of fucked up tropical disease that might appear on an episode of House than i do of getting AIDS.

I wasnt necessarily saying that you were 'wrong' youre argument stated pretty much that they are the only ways of getting it, i.e. being gay, doing drugs or sleeping around. I am rebuttling your blatant ignorance to the fact that there are many other ways from getting AIDS, and btw, gay or straight, youre still at risk.

FYI loser YOU CANT GET AIDS FROM SALIVA, so if someone stole soem of your food while you werent looking, stab them in the eye, but dont go and get tested for AIDS. I never specified that 'you were wrong' I todl you to get your facts right. Your arument is flawed and you failed to point out those points, the fact that there are other ways of trasmitting diseases.

"Basically unless its AIDS, STDs arent that big of a deal, and you wont get AIDS if you are straight and not a junkie or sleeping with people who are junkies."

INVALID ^^^ for my above reasons, they may be 'unlikely' senarios but they are other senarios compared to your 'these are the only way' senarios and btw there is more than a 1% chance.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
flipsyde said:
"Basically unless its AIDS, STDs arent that big of a deal, and you wont get AIDS if you are straight and not a junkie or sleeping with people who are junkies."

INVALID ^^^ for my above reasons, they may be 'unlikely' senarios but they are otehr senarios compared to your 'these are the only way' senarios and btw there is more than a 1% chance.
Do you have any unbiased statistics on this topic?

Also, BOS has a built in spell checker. Learn to use it, it's not hard.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
7000 people a year are diagnosed with AIDS each year and over 5000 people die of AIDS each year

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
jumb said:
Do you have any unbiased statistics on this topic?

Also, BOS has a built in spell checker. Learn to use it, it's not hard.
1-its called dyslexia.

2- you can find out any of this stuff on the ABS website. Look it up, its not hard.
Plus if you read any book it also says that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
flipsyde said:
its called dyslexia.

you can find out any of this stuff on the ABS website.
How does that stop you using the spell checker? You have some valid points but your credibility is smeared by the fact you sound like a dick head.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
jumb said:
How does that stop you using the spell checker? You have some valid points but your credibility is smeared by the fact you sound like a dick head.
how the hell am I sounding like a dickhead? Im not the one saying that only gay people get AIDS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)