Organising Work (merged) (2 Viewers)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

ForbiddenND

HSC
Re: Folders or Books?

i used loose notes (the ones which you just put in a hole folder) and they holes kept getting ruined. anyone else have that problem?

jirwin

HSC

Marcquelle, why exactly did you return to school? I know you said to prove arts isn't stupid but did you decide on a different career mid way through the first attempt and not get the required UAI or something? By the way, what career path are you now following? Did you consider any other pathways instead of returning?

Oh and I used exercise books when at school but I so wish I had used loose leaf but I was too lazy to carry a folder.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

jirwin said:
Marcquelle, why exactly did you return to school? I know you said to prove arts isn't stupid but did you decide on a different career mid way through the first attempt and not get the required UAI or something? By the way, what career path are you now following? Did you consider any other pathways instead of returning?

Oh and I used exercise books when at school but I so wish I had used loose leaf but I was too lazy to carry a folder.
"A little from column A and a little from column B" YEar 11 i was set into being a graphic artist and animator. Then towards the end of year 12 i started researching other things I have developed a great intrest in Forensics especially pathology and anthropology. SO i applied for a course at ANU for forensic anthropology. My UAI was 3 points short of this. So i came back as part of an Admisons scheme where you prove you are able of the study and that your UAI and marks are not a true indication of your ability to learn and study. So yeah hope that explains it. OsamaBinLaden has started a thread trying to belittle me i explain some other things there as well. Its a very long and complicated story and people it's VERY COMPLEX and would take a lot of time to write it all down and before anyone asks these were my scores:

Art 88
Music 84
Hospitality 86
Adv. English 74 (bet you my story failed in Paper 1 lol)
General Maths 72

good marks just subject selection arts aren't thought to be intellectual *per say*

Scinery

HSC

hmm ill be checking out the marcquelle thread. i think going back to school would be...exciting. except for that everyone would be younger than me? :uhoh:

i use a 5 subject notebook and individual subject sleeves inside a zip-up organiser folder thing. i

i assumed id run out of pages eventually but since i never end up using my book for notes anyway i just find a blank page and fill it when i run out of space. My handwriting is too messy to refer to i just get notes off friends lol. it works fine and i dont get overloaded with mess.

but i need to start paying attention sigh...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

I still use exercise books, but I don't paste the sheets in them anymore, as they tear apart easily. Now, I use a big folder to put all of my sheets in I receive, and a separate folder for past papers I've already completed. So for school, I just carry a folder with sleeves and sheets and a bag full of exercise books and textbooks. I'm most likely going to switch to another method when term 4 begins. The loose leaf papers method sounds interesting by inserting them in a folder, but I'm not sure where to start and how to do it.

bawd

HSC

I currently use the standard exercise books I've been using for the last few years of secondary education, but I'm thinking of changing to a folder with loose leaf paper and folders, just for the sake of easier organisation.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

Razizi said:
I still use exercise books, but I don't paste the sheets in them anymore, as they tear apart easily. Now, I use a big folder to put all of my sheets in I receive, and a separate folder for past papers I've already completed. So for school, I just carry a folder with sleeves and sheets and a bag full of exercise books and textbooks. I'm most likely going to switch to another method when term 4 begins. The loose leaf papers method sounds interesting by inserting them in a folder, but I'm not sure where to start and how to do it.
i was like that at the end of year 11.

This i how i did it.

i brought a folder and paper.

Any work i did in term 4 I rewrote and put in folders.

Then any notes i did during the holidays i did on the loose leaf paper and just carried on from then.

What i suggest you do is when T3 Finishes go out and by folders etc. and then term 4 just start doing everything on the paper and it will just come naturally.

But thats just how i went about it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Razizi said:
I still use exercise books, but I don't paste the sheets in them anymore, as they tear apart easily.
I hated pasting sheets in and always will. The book gets all messed up and squashed and you can't write on the other side of the page.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

Aplus said:
I hated pasting sheets in and always will. The book gets all messed up and squashed and you can't write on the other side of the page.
i agree thats why i never did it, heaps of people in my year still do it though.

i forgot to mention this, this girl in my year has tried to do sheets but she keeps losing cause she forgets to place them back in after she finishes writing on it.

WTF i don't she how that is possible really, she'll sit there in class and write everything down then loses it like five days later and complains constantly that she hasn't got the work, i've offered her my sheets to photocopy but she doesn't. (Oh BTW this is the same girl that i mentioned that was in by Ext. Class) lol

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

I have an exercise book for everything and I leave all my sheets on a big pile on my desk.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

For those who use folders and loose leaf, did you bring your folder from the first day of year 11?

Aplus

HSC
N/A

agirlinatutu said:
just curious. why did you wait till the second week?
I didn't want to risk it when teachers 'collect books', but then I just thought, screw that.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

Aplus said:
I didn't want to risk it when teachers 'collect books', but then I just thought, screw that.
That makes a little more sense. Thanks

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

Aplus said:
lol i love that, they just go "give me your folder now and i'll scan it quickly". Or i just hand in the last 10 pieces of paper in a sleeve lol or they just go "except you michael" yay i actually do all the work so it's not like i have anything to hide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)