Orientation Day 12th or 20th? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
hotChoklat said:
Faculty welcome days....dunno if its worth goin to:
I'd reccomend attending them - its where you'll get to interact with people doing your course before it actually starts since everyone in that welcome room will either be already studying it or about to start doing so.

Benmc

HSC
I'm going on the 12th since there is an engineering camp and i might be going on it!

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
kami said:
Enrollment is all on one day - some people just have different days. The academic seminars and such run throughout the week though.

We have O-day, which contains the kind of things you'd expect from other universities' O-week.
sorry i meant orientation lol :\

shimmy&shine

HSC
hotChoklat said:
thanks for the advice mate, im doin that double stuff with law/comm so i guess i gotta find out when the faculty welcomes are on. cheers
you are doing communications?! cool, so am i.

hotChoklat

HSC
Oh noice, yeah im doin social inquiry, which comm degree are you doing?

shimmy&shine

HSC
I'm doing journalism. But i hear that for all the comm courses, first year subjects are pretty much the same with same classes and everything. Can't wait to meet everyone! :)

hotChoklat

HSC
Yeah I've heard that about the comm courses too, means itll be easy to meet heaps of ppl doin stuff other than your degree. You reckon you gonna go to the humanities faculty welcome day thingo?

shimmy&shine

HSC
yeah, might as well/ i have to admit, i'm a people person, so i love meeting new people new faces. so yeah sure, why not
you should come to!

hotChoklat

HSC
lol yeah its the same thing for me with gettin to meet new people! I may as well come, i'm sure itll be worth it. If you still come to the 12th orientation day ill probably see ya there as well.

shimmy&shine

HSC
the most common thing i hear about the comm course is that there is a severe lack in boys, so I'm glad to know that there is at least one now, haha.
supposedly 20% of those in the course are boys and half of them are gay
great statistics, lol.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
the most common thing i here about the comm course are that there is a severe lack of boys, so I'm glad i know that there is at least one now, haha.
supposedly 20% of those in the course are boys and half of them are gay
great statistics, lol.
Haha, writing has about 20% boys and some girls in my class are quoted as saying 'woah I haven't seen this many boys in class since uni started'. And I've only ever seen three guys who do social inquiry. So its definitely very girl dominated.:p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Etheral said:
how about business/laws students?

becasue there was that non-business, business option during that online enrolment, so im confused now
Law combined people enrol as law people :)

and if ur doing law
go to law camp ;)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Is it necessary/would it be useful attending the faculty welcome day? Because I have orientation on the 20th, faculty welcome is the day after, and I've signed up for the campus tour two days after that... Would the faculty welcome kinda double as a campus tour?

HSC
I think im gonna go to mine since the nursing faculty is pretty big and our enrolment (city campus) is combined with kuringai so it'll give me a chance to meet the people attending the city campus before semester starts.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
Is it necessary/would it be useful attending the faculty welcome day? Because I have orientation on the 20th, faculty welcome is the day after, and I've signed up for the campus tour two days after that... Would the faculty welcome kinda double as a campus tour?
The faculty welcome is mostly specific to your course - so its mainly chatting and questions and introductions etc. and probably would stay in the one building. The tour on the other hand is just a brief walk around campus. Its also not neccessary to attend it but it'd be somewhat beneficial if you have any questions, plus it lays some of the groundwork for meeting people in your course (everyone at the faculty welcome will be doing communications).

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
Are you going by yourselves or with someone? A family member, a friend, another student you know of, who are you going with?

HSC
Well to the faculty welcome im going it alone since i dont know anyone else doing nursing at the city campus...

BUt for the orientation day im going with a friend who is going to uts too :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im going by myself, but i hope ill meet lots of cool people along the way

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
Are you going by yourselves or with someone? A family member, a friend, another student you know of, who are you going with?
I'm probably going by myself to enrolment + orientation + faculty welcome day. No one else from my school is doing anything humanities related at UTS.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Hermzie said:
I thought the faculty welcome was good

u dont go to both
you choose ur dominant degree

ie I didn't go to business, i went to law
at the faculty welcome i met some others that didn't go to law camp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)