orientation + enrolling (1 Viewer)

bos1234

HSC
any1 know the date for orientation day and also when enrolling can u go to the campus and enrol?

Nic-zilla

HSC
hey im in 2nd year this year but i remember last year i enrolled online for my units and orientation day is like half day where they show u the library, comp labs and uni prep! hahah it's pretty boring.. that day u also can get ur student id- best to do it early cause the line is Massive on the first day back and also get ur books early also because the line is also massive!! :wave:

Hope that helps! xx

magicboy

HSC
If you have been made an offer, you have to accept it online - this is the easiest way. Just go to http://oscas.uws.edu.au/OscasWelcome.aspx

The sooner you do it, the better.

(Make sure you enrol before the deadline, otherwise you will miss out on your offer!)

Ring them up if you dont understand something or you want it to be clarified!

heres the contact page:

http://www.uws.edu.au/about/university/contact

Orientation will on 25th of February, this is when autumn session begins!

Here are also important dates for 2008 link:

http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/dateline/2008

Here are very important census dates:

http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/fees/census

Census date is (UWS definition) the official cut-off date for enrolment for each session.Please ensure your enrolment is correct before census date as you must pay fees for all units you are enrolled in as at midnight on this date. If you drop any units after this date you will still be liable for the tuition fees.

Also, have a look at the handbook so you can search your units and other course information!

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/

WARNING: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE ON FORUMS!!!

bos1234

HSC
kk thanks.. any1 doing engineering?
when trying to enrol i get to this page

and after clicking search i end up here

how about if u dont know which field u wanna go into :S

select all of them?

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
bos1234 said:
kk thanks.. any1 doing engineering?
when trying to enrol i get to this page

and after clicking search i end up here

how about if u dont know which field u wanna go into :S

select all of them?
Whoa now - not all of them. Don't forget that you have a while to enrol - and there are mandatory Academic Advisory sessions for pretty much all the courses, so if you can, attend one of those for your degree, maybe the people there can help you decide.

P.S. On the subject of Advisory sessions, I'm a B Arts kid and it says "Bachelor of Arts, A - K" on one day and "Bachelor of Arts, L - Z" on another; anyone know if the alphabetic separation refers to surname or Key Program or...? :S Shit, am slightly confused.

G

Gavvvvvin

You don't need to pick a unit set yet...just skip that part.

kerfuffle

HSC
starrysky said:
P.S. On the subject of Advisory sessions, I'm a B Arts kid and it says "Bachelor of Arts, A - K" on one day and "Bachelor of Arts, L - Z" on another; anyone know if the alphabetic separation refers to surname or Key Program or...? :S Shit, am slightly confused.
Surname.

OMGRX7

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
You don't need to pick a unit set yet...just skip that part.
what if I already picked 2 and one is non active and one says im enrolled for telecommunications? does it matter??
oh and after you print out your last step which is the Unit Selection (which is already done for engineering), is that it? any more forms or anything else?I am a student now?

Last edited:

Nic-zilla

HSC
XTREMEDAMAGE820 said:
damn,are the books expensive?
Hey yeh they can be.. but when you go to the bookshop at the uni you apply for a co op bookshop membership which then allows a discount on each book!! If you buy them from the shop expect to pay more than $50 a book and some of my last sem books were $100+!

But watch for notices at uni for second hand books on the notice board.. if you dont want to pay as much for them brand new..

Hope that helps ya. :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
XTREMEDAMAGE820 said:
damn,are the books expensive?
Depends on the subjects and area of study. I've had both really cheap and really expensive semesters. I'm looking at $560 as a third year law student. Do as has been mentioned and join the coop, you can do this when you buy your books it costs $20 and means all books are 10% off

skip89

HSC
Does anyone know approximately how much first year med students will pay for text books?

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
OMGRX7 said:
what if I already picked 2 and one is non active and one says im enrolled for telecommunications? does it matter??
oh and after you print out your last step which is the Unit Selection (which is already done for engineering), is that it? any more forms or anything else?I am a student now?
doesnt matter, you can change that later on anyway.

textbooks seem to usually be about $100 each after the coop discount, make sure you join up with that unless you can find the books cheaper elsewhere.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
skip89 said:
Does anyone know approximately how much first year med students will pay for text books?
Alot, i reccommed that you join Medstudentsonline. The book list is also listed there. You are looking at around a grand if you buy all the pescribed texts on the booklist which i reccommend that you dont till you get advice from lecturers.

www.medstudentsonline.com.au/forums

bilal.a

HSC
If you have been made an offer, you have to accept it online - this is the easiest way. Just go to Welcome | Online Selection and Course Acceptance System

The sooner you do it, the better.

(Make sure you enrol before the deadline, otherwise you will miss out on your offer!)

Ring them up if you dont understand something or you want it to be clarified!

heres the contact page:

Contact us | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

Orientation will on 25th of February, this is when autumn session begins!

Here are also important dates for 2008 link:

2008 Academic Year Dateline | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

Here are very important census dates:

Census Dates | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

Census date is (UWS definition) the official cut-off date for enrolment for each session.Please ensure your enrolment is correct before census date as you must pay fees for all units you are enrolled in as at midnight on this date. If you drop any units after this date you will still be liable for the tuition fees.

Also, have a look at the handbook so you can search your units and other course information!

Handbook Entry

WARNING: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE ON FORUMS!!!
sorry dude , ur info is incorrect, if ur doing a bachelor of b+c O day is on the 20th

MrKim

HSC
sorry dude , ur info is incorrect, if ur doing a bachelor of b+c O day is on the 20th
No, dude. If you see when this thread was posted it says 2008. So obviously this post was from the previous year, all the dates are different to this year, guys dont mix this up!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)