Oscars discussion (1 Viewer)

spiny norman

HSC
katietheskatie said:
and then there's all the regulars, you know .. nicole kidman/renee zellweger/scarlett johansson etc, they just irritate me. their movie roles could involve them staring at a wall for two hours and they'd be fucking nominated. (yes i realise none of them were oscar nominees, but i mean in general)
Scarlett Johansson has never been nominated for an Oscar.

HSC
really? i thought she did for that 'girl with a pearl earring'. i always get mixed up between her and charlize theron anyway. eh, my bad.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Jamie Foxx sooooo deserved that Oscar! As well as Cate Blanchett! Hilary Swank just didn't really get me get excited about anything, I was like I don't care, what movies has SHE done? The Next Karate Kid and that's it...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
katietheskatie said:
the oscars generally suck, they seem to be a lot more about awarding movies/actors with 'hollywood buzz' as opposed to actual talent. seriously, when i was watching the nominees for best actress, not one of them really grabbed me as doing anything special .. i know i pimp her all the time, but really, the chick from the notebook got robbed. she was SO good.

and then there's all the regulars, you know .. nicole kidman/renee zellweger/scarlett johansson etc, they just irritate me. their movie roles could involve them staring at a wall for two hours and they'd be fucking nominated. (yes i realise none of them were oscar nominees, but i mean in general)
It's really become trendy to criticize the Oscars lately hasn't it? Whether you've seen the oscar nominated movies or not it seems.

Fry

Belle said:
I was just happy that Di Caprio didn't win best actor. I can't believe he even got nominated.
he has changed a lot since his teen heart-throb days. i haven't seen The Aviator but i hear he's pretty good.

the only other movie ive ever heard of that Hilary Swank has been in was 'Boys Don't Cry' and i think she won an Oscar for that too.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i didnt really care who won as long as cate blanchett got something which she did :) she soooo deserved best actress for elizabeth, that movie kicked arse she was so good in it. but since she was robbed of that, im glad she got best supporting actress...and im holding out for her to win best actress next year.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
meh blanchett is overrated. really there hasnt been a good oscar "race" since 94. when pulp fiction, shawshank redemption and forrest gump where all nominated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)