Other girls doing Engineering Studies? (1 Viewer)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
j248078394 said:
my class has a girl doing engineering out of 11, l asked her why she chosed it she said she didn't know what it was and her friend(one of the guy in the class) told her it was about cooking...
poor girl
anyway she droped it this year.
that girl must be dumb if she thinks it was about cooking as a person would check what the subject is about i.e. syllabus

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Personally I'd love to do Engineering Studies. I'm interested in becoming an engineer when I finish high school but I don't think my school even offers it.. *cries*

I go to an all-girls school so maybe they just presume no one will want to do it? [So much for an 'empowered feminist' school then eh?]

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
itadakimus said:
Personally I'd love to do Engineering Studies. I'm interested in becoming an engineer when I finish high school but I don't think my school even offers it.. *cries*

I go to an all-girls school so maybe they just presume no one will want to do it? [So much for an 'empowered feminist' school then eh?]
If your school doesn't offer Engineering Studies, then it doesn't matter. Seriously, it barely helps, and only in civil engineering really.

Glad to see that girls are interested in engineering. I want to be an engineer myself, and yeah, its cool that girls are interested in it.

Bel_T

HSC
If my school offered engineering studies I'd do it, but noo my school is all girls. So I figured I'd settle for SDD or something technology related, but no, no one wanted to do that either -_-
But it's not like you need it to do engineering in uni...

thehootman

HSC
Change schools, lol.
Engineering studies is not worth changing schools.
Many girls hate it. Concrete, steel, welding, bridges - not a flower or prose in sight - it is a true MANS SUBJECT. Not that you cant do it or anything. Its easy.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
oh i know how that feels ! They were talking about engines and stuff and were like talking about V8's and all and im sitting there going like "WDF?!". Also all that stuff bout steel is giving me the shits, i mean like STEEL IS STEEL ! I DONT CARE WHAT PERCENTAGE OF CARBON THERE IS OR THE FREAKEN NAME ! lol at times only though - when im fustrated =]

But yeah, I kinda see why females don't really get into the subject and all.

Chix ftw !

tilda-lou

HSC
i was the only girl in a class of 15 got 96 in half yearlies and i decided that i didnt want to stay in the feild so i did construstion got 97.5 in half yearlies and was the only girl in a class of 12 and was the only one offered a job after workplacement as a carpenter/joinerand then decided i didnt want to do that either and now i am the only girl in my primary industries class and i got 98 in my half yearlies for it, the guys got 60's roughly in all three. i want to do breeding and hybred of animal management, girls are not high in any of these feilds but i could get into any of them eisily.

dont be sexist just because you are scared that girls are just as good if not better in feild that make you feel more of a man, all bussinesses that i have talked to now hirer woman before men, so thats more proof then stats

idling fire

HSC
I should have done engineering... would've been better than the other subject on that line... I miss tech drawing :(
Anyway, I think I want to do aeronautical engineering at uni. (Apparently there aren't many job offers for it though...)

thehootman

HSC
tilda-lou said:
dont be sexist just because you are scared that girls are just as good if not better in feild that make you feel more of a man, all bussinesses that i have talked to now hirer woman before men, so thats more proof then stats
I was not being sexist, i was saying that I belive not many women do engineering because they are not interested. I dont see why abilities would differ.

I dont know what business's you talked to.... but thats a pretty loose argument to base "female superiority" on.

babyxtine

HSC
Hey, I'm the only girl in my class that's doign engineer
i find the subject very enjoyable because i like it heaps !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)