others ways to enter UWS apart from the UAI (1 Viewer)

~Dreamer

HSC
shut up dingo.

mumbojumbo. swic is also for hsc students who didt go too well, it offers different diplomas and certificate courses. depending on how well u do at the end of the course you may then be eligble for ntry to uws, though its not guaranteed 100% . it roughly costs $4800 a semester

Dingo

Banned
dont listen to dreamer, it is made for international students, and with that money man, i rather goto tafe, and also macquarie uni does it too and its called sibt there where they accept hsc students into classes with international students. its basically intended for international students, and it has a few places for local students, but seriously you would rather goto tafe, its the same thing.

peace^^

~Dreamer

HSC
mumbojumbo- theres also unitrack... woudl it be so hard to help people out dingo without it benefiting you?! i know ur trying to get all the high uai canditates into uni but guess what!? its not up to u to make our decisions...

Dingo

Banned
dreamer you have no idea, i support everyone, and i tell them whats best. i dont like people wasting their money for no reason, and at the end of the day you can save thousands and achieve the same outcome, if they'd listen to me instead of you.

peace^^

~Dreamer

HSC
i give them information they want, and its up to them to make the decision... i dont say ' i think this' or ' you shoudl do that'. its not up to us to make decisions for them....

Creator Failure

Yeah sure mumbojumbo...like Dreamer said, the SWIC College is an alternative way to get into a course you're after at UWS...what happens is, you go there for a year, and graduate with a certain diploma (for example, Business) and all you need to be able to do is pass that course, not needing a required amount of credit points or anything...
Once you pass, it allows you to enter into year 2 of whatever course you originally wanted to do at UWS (so if you had done a Diploma in Business, then you could get into second year B.Business(Management) for example)

The cost, to do foundation studies is $4,500 per semester(you need a UAI of 50-54.99)... then foundation studies - fast track(UAI of 55-59.99), diploma in business and diploma in IT(UAI 60+) are all $4,800 each semester.
But bear in mind that some courses have quota restrictions...so if you do pass ur diploma, you may not get in, depending on the course demand etc etc

if u wanna know more, jus go 2 www.swic.uws.edu.au

hope this has helped :)

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by Creator Failure
just a question ashleet...if you wanna do arts/law at UNE this yr, u need 80.00? wtf
i am already in the course, i got early acceptanve through the schools recommendation program, you file a diff application to UAC based on recomendation and prior marks. You can get into any course regardless of marks

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by theone123
Ashleet i got in the mid 60's, how bout u??
my friend she finished hsc in 2001 she got her uai in mid 60. Applied for course in maquarie uni, bachellor of ecomics uai cut off was around 80.00, in uni they told her pay $2000 if she fails exams she leaves if she pass she stays. she didnt fail it and this year will be her 3 year of uni.

MumboJumboNo5

Thank you VERY much Creator Failure :) That was some useful info. I now know this SWIC thing is NOT for me! It costs too much and it also seems like a lot of hassle when I could go to TAFE instead, like Dingo mentioned. :p

Thanks dreamer and Dingo also! I didn't expect an arguement to brew but you both were trying to help, so I'm flattered :p

aunshi

HSC
I'm afraid that can't happen for stat/ret to count your uai needs to be within 10 points of the cut off for that course

nice

HSC
hey just a concern guys when are the stat results would come out and find wht u got?
:confused: :confused: :wave:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, you'll get them this year after most of your exams (I think) if you sat the RET session at UWS.

Doesn't stat/ret override the UAI?[?QUOTE]
No, the RET allows for some flexibility with UAI cut-offs but it doesn't replace/override the UAI.

Last edited:

melodic_gal

HSC
I did an tafe course applied to go to uws through uac and got in. of course i had another option doing the STATS test i didn't wanna.

nice

HSC
hey gguys did anyone get the stat results today gossh how did u go man i got 37 :eek: :eek: but i think my uai will be better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)