Ottawa Charter and Priority areas (1 Viewer)

Gonzo_KL

HSC
hey.. i was wondering if anyone could help me with relating the different priority areas with the ottawa charter. i am doing CVD and cancer (obviously) and mental health and injury.
i have been trying to find examples of each area of the ottawa charter for the different priority areas but i have been getting confused with which legislation or whatever goes where. i.e is the heart foundation tick an example of developing personal skills for CVD? :( :confused: any help will be appreciated. please

lozzipops_87

HSC
If where talking about CVD..

developing personal skills- providing information in the form of phamlets on the risk factors of CVD, anti smoking education etc..
creating supportive environments-healthy school canteen, introducing fitness programs in the workplace, having non smoking areas in public places (this action area is mainly about preserving the natural environment)
strengthening community action-fun runs, free cholestorol check vans (this action area is all about getting the community involved.
reorienting health services-inviting GP's into schools/workplaces to talk about he risk factors of CVD
building healthy public policy- this includes like legislation and policies and stuff so an example would be labelling food with nutritional content and banning smoking in puplic places. NOTE: often examples may overlap

hope i helped a bit :)

VSAcclaim

HSC
hey i was wondering if there is anywhere that i can get a info sheet similar to the reply by 'without wings' except on injury (motor vehicle accidents)...i've been trying really hard to lift my marks and am now stuck on this part...aggravating. thanks

west man

HSC
hey guys,
thanx sooooo much... you've helped heaps
keep up the good work ay....:wave:

pran

HSC
this is a copy of an assessment i had on CVD and the ottawa charter if it helps in anyway:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)