Our Transport System (2 Viewers)

C

CaR

is deteriorating by the day...

Surely, "express" trains to the city from the inner west have become more punctual...but they've cancelled so many trains from minor stations eg, berala, homebush. Take for example, Berala. Trains running to and from the city come every 1/2hr...-___-'' and there are alot of cancellations, delays etc...

aRghH...&@%#

astro

HSC
i've had a couple of 'delayed by 50 minutes', cancelled and delayed indefinitely trains this week...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
astro said:
i've had a couple of 'delayed by 50 minutes', cancelled and delayed indefinitely trains this week...
Ive posted a sh*t thread in NS about cityrail, so has winston. I was at lidcombe yesterday and i had to wait 40 mins for a train to liverpool on the granville and regents park line. The announcer said "please pay attention to the boards. Trains today are not running on schedule". It really shits me about the timetable changes because they have to make it so inconvenient for the majority of commuters. What was wrong with the original timetable anyway?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I hate it. My bus didn't show up the other day, and my train which was supposed to come in 11 minutes came in like half an hour. A few nights ago, the train never showed up and we were stranded in Sydenham.

It's got to improve.

Winston

HSC
lol it won't improve kids trust me :p... try having a 2 and 1/2 delay, now that's when you think attending uni catching the 8.00 train for a 11.00 class is perfect, HAHA! :p...

nerd2die4

HSC
is it the schedule thats not up to scratch? because i was watching the nes the other day and they said something like 40 0dd drivers had called in sick that day. surely if they all showed up, the trains will run closer to schedule. The system cant run efficiently with so many people calling in sick.

how do you reckon they can improve it?

santaslayer

HSC
It's actually been better for me, travelling from Hurstville to North Wollongong and vice versa at peak times. Trains are punctual and quick, but that's only for peak times, non peak times are hell. :(

mishka

HSC
N/A
i heard there were something like 50 train drivers who didn't go to work on Wednesday. they must know something we don't... or agree with us!!!! ;)

lengstar

HSC
i am seriously going to massacre cityrail.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't even think these new timetable changes affect me. I see a train, I jump on. If I get told it's going to be late, I abuse them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
be greatful you live in areas where public transport exists.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
two weeks ago it took me abt 2 hrs to get home from state library!
we got stranded at granville because of countless terminations!
Then again, i hate going places where i cant get there through public transport!

i seriously hate travelling in buses :(

C

CaR

urgh...buses make me feel sick. But then again I catch the bus from the station to school every morning @.@

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Hahahaha the irony. Your nickname is car and your talking about public transport :p

To the point, yes it's an absolute schmozzle. My CAR can fucking beat the train from Wollongong to Sutherland and Sydney. That's not meant to happen. The train is always meant to be faster.

Don't make me get into my how awesome European public transport rants again or I'll get envious and cry. And if we start talking Japanese... god...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
CaR said:
Surely, "express" trains to the city from the inner west have become more punctual...but they've cancelled so many trains from minor stations eg, berala, homebush. Take for example, Berala. Trains running to and from the city come every 1/2hr...-___-'' and there are alot of cancellations, delays etc...

aRghH...&@%#
good point... my stupid line is stuffed up, if i want to go city on the wkend i HAVE to go via bankstown, and I hate going on the bankstown line from where I live cos it takes so goddamn long.

fuck you cityrail.

a little lost

relationships pfft
i reckon we should vote bob car out of office next election and see if the liberals would do something about the transport system. i mean waiting until 2010 for them to fix the network is pathetic. and even then its not guaranteed that the will fix it. just that they will separate the lines.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
CaR said:
is deteriorating by the day...

aRghH...&@%#
just run to lidcombe instead...
it's more fun than waiting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)