Our Transport System (4 Viewers)

lengstar

HSC
public transport? what public trainsport?
*runs around looking for public transport
*pushes over a rock
not under here
*pushes over a tree
under here either
anyone seen it?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You should try the richmond line.

Before the new timetable it used to take about 1/2 an hour to get to richmond from parra for uni. But now it takes well over 80mins. Thats pathetic!!!

And in the afternoon its worse, trains only come every hour so if u just miss one, then ur screwed.

A car is faster to get to richmond ... its only about 1/2 an hour.

C

CaR

felix_js said:
just run to lidcombe instead...
it's more fun than waiting
woah...ive tried that!..failed miserably whilst escaping the creepiness atmosphere of rookwood cemetry ><"

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
natstar said:
now i gotta drive to hornsby to pick him up cuz it will take him prolly an extra hour to get to strathfield..........grrrrr and i dunno how to get to hornsby...i'll get lost AGAin
go straight up pennant hills rd ;)

..I hardly ever get public transport.. but I can imagine how incredibly annoying it is.. sadly I don't think things will change for some time..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
Hahahaha the irony. Your nickname is car and your talking about public transport :p

To the point, yes it's an absolute schmozzle. My CAR can fucking beat the train from Wollongong to Sutherland and Sydney. That's not meant to happen. The train is always meant to be faster.

Don't make me get into my how awesome European public transport rants again or I'll get envious and cry. And if we start talking Japanese... god...
you mean the whole japanese within a few seconds is late concept ?

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
the whole transport system is screwed! and even with that curfew thing maybe taking place for p platers, that will be another transport issue

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
It ain't just Syndey trains that are getting fucked by Carl Scully, Newcastle trains are under fire and there's a big debate about tearing out the train line or leaving it in and improving it. I'm for the latter. I have a feeling the incompetents in power are for the former.

Anyway, I just hope they don't start getting their feelers into Country Link and try and 'fix' it, cause I heard a rumour they might be.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
The sydney trains are a SHAMBLES.....
catching a train from pennant hills to anywehere is such a hassle.. i remember in the last school holidays i had to catch a bus from wynyard to the city... BAHHH .. it was raining too.. so the walk to central sucked ass

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think they're just gonna rip up all the train tracks in the state and replace them with roads which we can't use between 10pm and 6am and are of such poor quality they'll have a 50km/h speedlimit state wide with speed cameras on every single straight, well-lit, reasonably decent quality road so they "save lives".

Generator

HSC
N/A
The network isn't that bad given its history. Rail is far from being the central policy option for this city at the current time, anyway (urban densities and all, though I am well aware of the need for progressive rather than reactive planning).

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Did you hear that they brought down the training requirements to get the trainee drivers through...I cant remember how long it was but it was a bit...they probably had the training period so long because they took so many sick days.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Ziff said:
I think they're just gonna rip up all the train tracks in the state and replace them with roads which we can't use between 10pm and 6am and are of such poor quality they'll have a 50km/h speedlimit state wide with speed cameras on every single straight, well-lit, reasonably decent quality road so they "save lives".
Haha, excellent stuff there Ziff!!
This "1 passenger" for P-platers policy is also going to be an absolute bastard... think about all those ppl that drop their friends off to school or work, or p platers who play sport and take their friends because they cant get a ride.
The government is simply saying - we dont trust you, so you can only take one person to talk to. Its stupid...

(if the policy is different, tell me, i havent read into it much.. unfortunately ive been ignorant in hoping it wouldnt actually become Law)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lol last night I got pulled over by the cops travelling home with a carload of drunken teenagers (I'm on my Ps) to give me a breath test - undercover cop. They asked for my licence to be out but then it was unneeded because I wasn't over the limit of ZERO. At the same time one of the guys was asking the cop about the curfew/passenger limiting policy and what he thought about it lol. He didn't think it was a good idea but added that they had already booked P platers that night for being over the limit.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
the 9:47 train to Gordon is delayed by approximately 20 minutes..

cityrail apologises for the inconvenience

sophiebear

...going to an exam during the trials

first train stoped at several stations for several minutes, throughout the journey all the lights flicker on and off plunging us into darkness, while in tunnels

get to wynyard 'could all the passegers in the last four cars please relocate- there seems to be an electrical fault in the rear of the train.'

get to town hall: change trains... wait for display board to go from 10 mins, 11 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins, 6 mins, 9 mins....etc etc till it comes twenty minutes later

get to martin place 'could all the passengers on the train please get off at this station, there seems to have been a problem and the train is no longer equipped to carry passengers'
wait another 5 mins, get on train and run to school

...luckily we had planned to go an hour early for lunch.... we got there 10mins before the exam, don't you just love our transport system!!!!

...what happens if we get fucked around by public transport and are late for an exam?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
reynaldo said:
the 9:47 train to Gordon is delayed by approximately 20 minutes..

cityrail apologises for the inconvenience
Sometimes they don't even say cityrail apologises for the inconvenience. I have noticed that heaps lately ... perhaps its so common tht they don't have time 2 put it in or ppl are just used to trains being constantly late.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
this train is delayed due to vandalism..

(that was a new one from wednesday)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
sophiebear said:
...what happens if we get fucked around by public transport and are late for an exam?
nothing, it's technically "your fault"

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
was it a fun 30mins??

i hate state transport cause i dont have my own means of getting around and therefore dependent on STA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)