Out of these possible majors for commerce that i want pls pick 2. (the best) (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Actuarial studies

Finance

Marketing

International business

Human resource management

Business strategy and economic management

Business law

Business economics

crimson_delight

HSC
None of them sound personally appealing to me, and it's really up to you to decide. Depending on what you want to do and what you're good at, I mean.

For me, if it had to be out of these, I'd study human resource management and perhaps international business. IDK.

tambam

HSC
It really depends what kind of job you want in the future... Commerce is so broad that even within the single degree there are tonnes of career choices

Bendent

HSC
i love finance

yes <3 due to no crap marks ever for all my finance subjects weird

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
In all honestly a lot of those aren't going to get your jobs on their own. In my opinion, they're there to complement another major.

I'd advise you to consider something like Finance (probably highest paying), HR, Accounting or Marketing. Make sure you ultimately do something you like.

DeltaZero

HSC
Hard to say without knowing your career preferences and your strengths and weaknesses.

Finance and business economics are a good combination IMO (although finance in the current macro environment might not be the best move). Actuarial studies is a good career choice if you are good and can handle the mathematics. The rest, I feel, are all soft.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I don't know if all these people who talk about ACTL have done actuarial studies. Actuarial studies is hardly maths IMHO. Finance is more maths with all the discounted cash flow, NPV, option pricing and etc.

Accounting may be boring as hell (in my opinion), it offers the widest range of opportunities that can extend from Management Consulting to book keeping job. Finance also does that too. On the other hand, traditional actuarial roles are very limited. But you can apply it to risk-management practices.

If you talk to alot of actuarial students out there, you would hear different opinions as to what actuarial studies is really like (as opposed to all the awesome stuff that you hear about it).

xxsupababexx

HSC
Definitely Human Resource Management and International Business. I did these 5 years ago and it got me into Goldman Sachs in the M&A department. Last week I met up with Lloyd Blankfein to discuss merging with McDonald's Corporation to ensure our traders were never hungry and were always motivated by $5 feeds.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Definitely Human Resource Management and International Business. I did these 5 years ago and it got me into Goldman Sachs in the M&A department. Last week I met up with Lloyd Blankfein to discuss merging with McDonald's Corporation to ensure our traders were never hungry and were always motivated by $5 feeds.
Wtf you're kidding me right? How could they do that? This is the problem with AMERICAN CORPORATE GREED. People like you make me sick.

xxsupababexx

HSC
Wtf you're kidding me right? How could they do that? This is the problem with AMERICAN CORPORATE GREED. People like you make me sick.
Sticks and stones will break my bones, words will never hurt me. I'm happy knowing that I have 2 more digits in my annual income than everyone I meet. (Except Warren Buffett, who I met a few days ago)

kaur154

HSC
marketing sounds like a good option; not as hard .. my teacher always said 95% of it is common sense

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
While not all the majors in which you have an interest are on the degree calculator for business and commerce at UWS you may find the information about the careers that are available

http://businessatuws.edu.au/#degree-calculator

Scroll to the right and click on the major of interest - career information will be provided

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)