Outfit of the Day (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, those jeans are ugly as he'll and the dumbest shit ever. Ombré is over mate.
I have no understanding of any of this, hence why I asked lol. Trying to learn how to dress like i'm not 12.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
My advice is don't buy trendy pieces. Make sure that everything you buy wouldn't look out of place from the 50's onwards.

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC
...this is surprisingly good advice
i thought it was pretty logical to not buy things that you wouldn't comfortably rock all the time.

also quality>quantity always. Although, I do buy a few clothes from Kmart but that isn't to say the quality isn't bad.

shoes and bags doe always spend more for real leather and treat them how you want to be treated <3 <3 <3

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I have an aqua v neck jumper I bought from K-mart in year 8 and it still looks brand new, none of the threads have come off and it doesn't pill either.

kfnmpah

HSC
yeah I have 2 pairs of corduroy pants from kmart and I wore them every day for about 8 months last year (washed them duh) and they are still tip top
also some $8 canvas shoes i bought at the start of 2010 only just got holes in them and I wore them heaps too

kmart you go gurl

kfnmpah

HSC
yep it pretty much is

for example, people who are wearing heavily studded things at the moment (think biker boots, jackets, bags. studs are IN) but like a year ago if you wore studded anything people would think you were a weirdo so people wouldn't feel comfortable rocking a studded bag

same goes with fluoro

dumb fashion trends that are *in* are, by definition, not timeless and you wouldn't feel comfortable wearing whatever it was all the time

kfnmpah

HSC
or are you specifically referring to the 50's reference. My comment was in regards to trendy things

same same but obviously different

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yep it pretty much is

for example, people who are wearing heavily studded things at the moment (think biker boots, jackets, bags. studs are IN) but like a year ago if you wore studded anything people would think you were a weirdo so people wouldn't feel comfortable rocking a studded bag

same goes with fluoro

dumb fashion trends that are *in* are, by definition, not timeless and you wouldn't feel comfortable wearing whatever it was all the time
or are you specifically referring to the 50's reference. My comment was in regards to trendy things

same same but obviously different
What you said is much more vague but I get what you're trying to say

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
is there a reason that basically every store never has size small in men's clothes and always has way too many XLs

seriously has no manager ever thought 'hey, maybe we should order more smalls and less XL!'

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
is there a reason that basically every store never has size small in men's clothes and always has way too many XLs

seriously has no manager ever thought 'hey, maybe we should order more smalls and less XL!'
the stores dont have XXXL either :(((( i feel your pain.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

What is demand?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
well clearly they aren't stocking their stores on the basis of demand

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
then why not stock more smalls and less XLs

they're losing sales by not having enough stock to meet demand, and are wasting money on stock that nobody wants

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
but we're becoming a more obese population so guaranteed people will want those XLs one day and if they don't get rid of stock, they can keep it in the back for a couple of seasons.

universalsigh

HSC
N/A
Well with the 'heaps' thing it's not that I can't afford them, I just don't earn much atm and have had a huge saving mentality since I was young. So $150+ on jeans seems like a lot to me.

As for going shopping, I might have to take you up on that offer lol.
But you can wear those $150+ jeans for years, making them worth buying. cheaper denim does not last long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)