• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Over the ATAR cut-off but didnt recieve an early offer email? (1 Viewer)

tricks08

"educated".
HSC
well, heres the story.

i received my 09 atar , but it was under what i needed for my top 3 courses. (yes @ uws -.-) so i then changed my preferences around (dec. 17th) so that my atar made the required cut off for my new preferences.

question is : will i still be eligible for the early jan. rounds of uni offers or will i have to wait till the main rounds to know if i made a place or not?

-- i did not receive an 'eligible for an early offer' email that some of my classmates have. lol *worried*

Simo91

HSC
Sounds like you'll just have to wait until the main round because i'm pretty sure the early jan. round is today..

Well that's what my early offer e-mail said (had to change preferences by the 3rd in order to be eligible for an offer on the 5th).

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
The only people who receive offers in the early round are those approved for Early Entry or those in certain courses with non-ATAR-based criteria. Even if you are well over the cutoff, you'll have to wait until the Main Round.

astroe

HSC
UWS Site said:
The UWS Early Offer is designed to motivate you to do well, and to reduce a lot of the stress and worry you might have about getting an offer from the University of Western Sydney.
If you live or go to school in the Greater Western Sydney region you'll be automatically considered for an Early Offer if your ATAR or IB equals or exceeds the 2009 cut-off for the UWS course you want to do.
You need to nominate a UWS course as one of your top three preferences before the UAC on time applications close on 30 September 2009.
So you needed to have placed it in top 3 before the September deadline.

UWS: Triple Advantage

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
The exact same thing happened to me with UWS!!!!

I live in the greater western sydney area and I have UWS courses as my top, 3rd and 5th preference but I didn't recieve an offer for any of them and I am well over the cut off for 2 of them and one is a new course.

This is shithouse.

TunaFish

HSC
The exact same thing happened to me with UWS!!!!

I live in the greater western sydney area and I have UWS courses as my top, 3rd and 5th preference but I didn't recieve an offer for any of them and I am well over the cut off for 2 of them and one is a new course.

This is shithouse.
Uhm, are you sure you didn't?
I didn't get an email for my offer. You have to log on to
uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/rounds/early-january.shtml

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Uhm, are you sure you didn't?
I didn't get an email for my offer. You have to log on to
uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/rounds/early-january.shtml
Yeah, I'm not retarded.
They sent out emails prior to chrissie and said what courses you were eligible for early entry in, which I didn't recieve.
And what is weird is that they have offered me a scholarship but I didn't get anything for early entry?
:confused:

TunaFish

HSC
Yeah, I'm not retarded.
They sent out emails prior to chrissie and said what courses you were eligible for early entry in, which I didn't recieve.
And what is weird is that they have offered me a scholarship but I didn't get anything for early entry?
:confused:
Ok, no idea then. Try emailing UAC/ UWS admissions. It may have just been a clerical error.

Out of curiosity, which course is your first pref?

tricks08

"educated".
HSC
thanks astroe for clearing that up.
lol i did put a uws course as a top 3 before that deadline. but sadly enough i didnt make it to the atar cutoff for that subject :(

fingers crossed for the main round then .. *sigh*.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
how much exactly did u miss out on your first 3 preferences by? as in, how many points?

depending on how many points u missed out on by, you still may be able to get into one of them! especially if the uni offers bonus points for band 5s and band 6s

if you only jusssssssssssttt missed out by like a point, you should still make it your first preference because the cutoffs might be lower this year :D

tricks08

"educated".
HSC
5 points. but im not too concerned about the courses i didnt miss out on. after the whole 'disappointment' period of not getting into the course i originally planned for. i looked more into the courses i could get into. im more worried about not getting into that course now .. but it should be alright since i made the atar for that course .. not including the bonus points ! yay. :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)