Overclock CPU (1 Viewer)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Overclocking is when you increase the CPU speed manually (through the BIOS). You do this when you upgrade specific parts of your computer, mostly the fan, since the main issue with overclocking is overheating.

The only time I overclocked my comp, it blew up.
okay, i still don't get it. first off - what's 'the bios'?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
it is built in all i will have to press is fn+f10 and then you can access either eco mode, or overclocking... easily

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
If you really want to know and want to have a go at making your PC run faster, google it and you will find heaps of sites on the stuff. BIOS is basically a miniature operating system built into the motherboard and it makes sure the CPU and hard drive and everything else work together.

Without it, nothing works

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
If you really want to know and want to have a go at making your PC run faster, google it and you will find heaps of sites on the stuff. BIOS is basically a miniature operating system built into the motherboard and it makes sure the CPU and hard drive and everything else work together.

Without it, nothing works

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Incorrect eco mode, reduces screen brightness, and underclocks the CPU to 800 Mhz.... then in the overclocking mode it overclocks to what you have set it to be... then in normal mode it runs normally like bright screen and 1.6ghz

K

khorne

Good oc'ing cpus are any on a 65nm die or less...the E series (45nm) are awesome (4Ghz on air) and the i7's are pretty good too (although somewhat different with no FSB).

But remember to stress test guys...like 5 hours of prime95 multithreaded (HT on i7's), and hopefully the cpu won't go over the t-junction[max temp for all cores]...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
System/boot menu.

God damnit my computer's fucked, one of the fans stopped working properly.. I think I have to underclock it LOL..

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
BIOS = Basic Input Output System btw.... and i clocked my quad lmao... left the com on accidently when i went to QLD... got back and ummm well i lost alot of cash that day... Thank god it didnt catch on fire or anything... And since that day i have always properly turned the com off....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)