Overcoming maths as a prerequisite for a course if u haven't done maths? (1 Viewer)

omniscientbeing

HSC
N/A
Hey there I was just wondering if there is someone out there whose able to give me a little advice. You see I currently do 2 unit maths but I've failed 45% of my assessments and I'm not sure whether its worth keeping this subject anymore considering how badly I've already performed. See I haven't got the basic understanding of maths (as u can prob. tell from me failing!) therefore in order to make up these marks I have to work really hard in my next 15% assessment and trial which would require me sacrificing time I could be spending on my better units. So I don't know what to do or whether its worth keeping maths at all if I'm going to fail, and I don't want to make my better units (I do 12 units n its getting 2 much) suffer because I'm trying 2 hard at maths. BUT..... most courses want 2unit maths as either assumed knowledge or as a prerequisite, so how do I overcome this? Can I get into a course which wants maths as a prerequisite if I drop maths?
Or should I just complete the maths course.... as in stay in the class do no work n fail but just complete the course to show i've done it?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if youre really struggling with maths, you could always drop down to general, but youre right that most uni courses need a required minimum ot 2 units maths (science, commerce, engineering etc).
theres always the option of a bridging course, so you could sacrifice 2 unit, drop down to general, then take up 2 unitmaths bridging course just before uni starts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)