Overrated Artists and Bands (1 Viewer)

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
Argonaut said:
Imagine is possible one of the best songs of the 20th Century, possibly bettered by only Bittersweet Symphony.
The best song of all time (of course in the 20th Century) is said to be Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack. .... But it's actually not THAT good.

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I think you'll find the greatest song is actually 'Tribute' by Tenacious D.
Umm, no. "Tribute" by Tenacious D is actually a tribute to the greatest song written in the world when Kyle and Jack sang it as they met the beast. So no, you're wrong.

robbie1

HSC
iwannarock said:
eminem was fine. marshall mathers lp is a really standout album and probably one of the best of its time.

but fuck he has released a tonne of shiiiiiiiiiiit songs. especially recently

i'd hardly call him a modern day shakespeare.

his lyrical prowess doesn't even rival other better rappers out there let alone the number of great poets from the last century or two.
thats fine, you stated your opinion without using personal insults towards me...unlike that other maggot...wats his name?....aerogarde or some shit

robbie1

HSC
Argonaut said:
I was doing you a service by putting you in your place. Really, you should be grateful. In fact, only once did I insult you and it was fairly minor. You, however, have been hypocritical, abusing one and then acknowledging another but still using insults to do it.

Obviously, my work here is not done. I will use you, abuse you, I will insult, coerce and lie to you, but in the end I'm helping you. Why is it that everyone hates my attitude of 'moral intergrity be damned, the ends should justify the means'???
do you have an erection for me?

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
Argonaut said:
I was doing you a service by putting you in your place. Really, you should be grateful. In fact, only once did I insult you and it was fairly minor. You, however, have been hypocritical, abusing one and then acknowledging another but still using insults to do it.

Obviously, my work here is not done. I will use you, abuse you, I will insult, coerce and lie to you, but in the end I'm helping you. Why is it that everyone hates my attitude of 'moral intergrity be damned, the ends should justify the means'???
Why don't you just relax and enjoy life a bit more. It's the net. C'mon.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Eminem might not be a complete lyrical genious but his stuff he write are great (part from those new commercial tracks like just lose it and puke, they sucked).

Also if he feel like it he can write some really good stuff (i am mostly refering to underground mix tapes and some stuff he didn't put in his album) he can, i am not a groupie but i think the dude won an oscar for a reason, its the same with his new song when i am gone its not filled with bullshit but instead very meaningful.

I will not shit on eminem course if talented rappers such as Raikim and Joe Budden (well elton john said the same thing too but then he isn't a rapper) said that he can write really great stuff if he wanted to, i will just keep my humble opinion down since i do not know a lot about rap music (source later).

Notice this post is of poor grammar and hypocritical in a way (shit i just ain't got time for the proof reading).

to the dude with the saddam thing... WHERE IS TEH PEN MISSLES : ( and WORD UP pplz should chill.

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

HSC
This is my kind of thread.
Overrated:
Rolling Stones
Nirvana
U2
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Blink 182
Linkin Park
Black Eyed Peas
Lenny Kravitz
Jack Johnson
Pete Murray
Jet
Metallica
Korn
Slipknot
The Ramones
John Butler Trio

Adam

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Overrated:
Rolling Stones
Nirvana
U2
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Blink 182
Linkin Park
Black Eyed Peas
Lenny Kravitz
Jack Johnson
Pete Murray
Jet
Metallica
Korn
Slipknot
The Ramones
John Butler Trio
Nailed it!

But I would add Wolfmother as of recently.

wanton-wonton

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Overrated:
Rolling Stones
Nirvana
U2
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Blink 182
Linkin Park
Black Eyed Peas
Lenny Kravitz
Jack Johnson
Pete Murray
Jet
Metallica
Korn
Slipknot
The Ramones
John Butler Trio
Your mum's overrated too.
Tell me, how the fuck is Metallica ever overated? They deserve all the ratings they get for pre-black and I can't tell you how underrated Metallica is post-black. I hope you're not just putting up Metallica for the sake of it. You are a dumb shit.

Now, Led Zeppelin, that's an overrated band.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Your mum's overrated too.
Tell me, how the fuck is Metallica ever overated? They deserve all the ratings they get for pre-black and I can't tell you how underrated Metallica is post-black. I hope you're not just putting up Metallica for the sake of it. You are a dumb shit.

Now, Led Zeppelin, that's an overrated band.
Seeing as Led Zeppelin would have been a large influence on Metallica, it would seem that you're a dumb shit

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
jooobl said:
lol I used to love drowning pool... their song let the bodies hit the floor

anyway

overated:

black eyed peas
blink 182
christina aguilara
coldplay
delta goodrem
EVANESCEnce
jack johnson
pete murray
Jessy Mccartny
jet
linkin park
maroon 5
natalie imbruglia
nickelback
Missy Higgins
outkast
gwen stefani
The offspring
rob thomas
schnappy/crazy frog
shannon noll/guy sebastian and all other idol related ppl
simple plan
tatu
veronicas
THE KILLERS uggghhh yuck
pussycat dolls
will smith
nsync
justin timberlake
snoop dogg and other so called rap "artists"

It isn't fair to have a sister who thinks that 90% of that list is the greatest thing since sliced bread - therefore playing those as loudly as possible on comp/cd player... arggghhh its enough to drive you insane.
Can we Hang out. Please.

Most of your list is fairly obvious but you appear to be one of the only people sensible enough to understand the killers stink, likewise jet and jack johnson. Hooray for your wisdom.

In terms of more alternative overrated artists, i add bright eyes, Sufjan stevens, dj format, gene gray.

I also wish too add michael jackson (for someone formerly so popular, he's got about 3 good songs, but people still wet their pants for rubbish songs like billy jean).

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
thanks. I really hate the killers. like their songs frustrate me so bad...argggh

Same as jet and jack johnson.. I am in for the whole promote local music thing, but only if it's good haha. (now before u go and whip me for not liking them, this is IN MY OPINION, which is valid though of course :p)

I also think that Michael Jackson is 'overrated' in a sense that some of his fans go a little bit to overboard.. ie: releasing doves when he got told he wasn't guilty etc etc.... and just the lengths SOME of them go to. But I do think that his musical mind is very good and that he is very creative with what he does. And I love his dancing and video clips. He is very entertaining to watch and listen to.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Buggdogg said:
Can we Hang out. Please.

Most of your list is fairly obvious but you appear to be one of the only people sensible enough to understand the killers stink, likewise jet and jack johnson. Hooray for your wisdom.

In terms of more alternative overrated artists, i add bright eyes, Sufjan stevens, dj format, gene gray.

I also wish too add michael jackson (for someone formerly so popular, he's got about 3 good songs, but people still wet their pants for rubbish songs like billy jean).

Billy jeans was dope :(

spiny norman

HSC
Buggdogg said:
Yes, I've only heard few people say they don't like The Killers or Jet.

Listen to Off The Wall and you'll find he has ten songs of varying degrees of awesome there, dickhead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)