HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cape
I want to visit New Zealand, because:

a. Our currency - I get more money!!!
b. It is fairly close.
c. The natural attractions of Rotorua.
Rotorua... errghhh.. that place reeks..

NZ is ok for quiet type people.. for me the most fun part of the trip was the airplane.. but thats just me..

but i cant say much about travelling, ive only been to NZ and, oh, *Albury* - now thats an exotic location..

Barbie_Bitch

i really want to go to scotland to visit my relatives and some of the castles there. then im off to greece because i just love the idea of going to the place where theatre began. other than that i want to go to italy mainly coz i love the food, the people and i want to ride a vespa.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I'm going to England in 9 days.
On our half term break i'm going to spain for 6 days

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i plan on going to ireland for 1-2 yrs when i finish uni n work as a occupational therapist

EDIT:
i have already been to:
fiji
america
mexico
bali
singapore
malaysia
thailand
new zealand

Last edited:

erica

HSC
Gap neone?

hey, im going on gap to england next year and was just wondering if anyone else is going to be over there? if so where r u going to be...im going to work in a school in east sussex.
Im so excited about going over there! ive never been to europe before and plan on travelling everywhere in my holidays which'll be sooo good
erica

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
i have been to Japan(as an exchange student) ..and here..first destination is Thailand..my homeland lol/..

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by Dee Dee
i have been to Japan(as an exchange student) ..and here..first destination is Thailand..my homeland lol/..
::sighs::
I envy you; I'm in love with Japan...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The only place overseas I have been is Vietnam and it was awesome!!! I can't wait to go overseas again, I'm beginning to make plans to go backpacking around New Zealand at the end of the year.

rubylotus11

Well I just returned from India and Malaysia. I visited only briefly Kuala Lumpur, but then went on to New Delhi, Agra (the Taj Mahal) and then the Himalayas. I am desperate to travel again. I think that New Zealand, England and France are on the top of my list for the contrast to travelling in Asia. I'd love to visit all of the continents. So far I have been to Australia/Oceania (obviously), North America and Asia.
So Europe, South America, Africa and Antarctica are next on the list.

chepas

HSC
Wow, it seems that more people have been on exchanges to foreign countries than I thought!!! Lucky bastards :p :p!

So.... did they change your world view and sort of have really big affects on you, regarding one's place in the world and all that?

ANYWAY. For me, I'm with clerisy (and that message written in January :)) on living in Europe one of these days. Now that it is 10 countries bigger it'd be so much territory to easier explor!

I really want to visit all the Baltic countries like Latvia, Estonia... they still look really purely back 300 years with all the architecture virtually untouched... lovely.

I've been to China - which I adored... I only ewnt to Beijing and did all the really touristy things like the Great Wall, Forbidden City etc... but it was an experience... They make very nice Milo drinks over there! Chinese Milo. :p~~~

I'm still a bit torn whether to just bugger schoolies and save the $500 odd dollars for a trip to Europe one of these days. Some of us were just going to rent a place in Coffs for a week, but the more I think about it, the more i just don't care. Europe is just a billion times more worth it than a week of nothingness...

For me: tri[ to Europe will go via a week in China, then the Trans-Siberian railway from Vladivostok to Moscow, plane or coach to Prague, week there, then through southern Germany and a circle around France, up to Germany and the North, then over tothe UK, for a bit of work.... then from there do little stints to all over Europe :)

What does everyone say to backpacking? Safe? Do it? Save lots of moolah that way???? m?

boz

CEO
HSC
for shure backpacking is the way to go i reckon, as soon as november is done im off to canada for thier winter. Ill be working as a lifty or something just to earn some dosh so that i can snowboard. Then im off to europe for 3/4 months, going to the tomatina and running of the bulls in spain, love parade in germany and just backpacking around, mooching of relatives and people that are freinds of freinds. hehe. Then i catch a plane to thailand or something and trek all the way down that coast to indonesia then catching a plane home. All this on a round the world ticket and about 10 months.

Cant wait

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
For me, travelling is all I ever want to do- its my dream job to be paid to do anything as long as I can go places. I have been lucky to go to several places around Europe and Asia, but wierdly enough the place I love the most is Belgium. I went there to study french and I just fell in love with everything about it. to live there, London or Hong Kong would have to be one of my aims in life.

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by boz
for shure backpacking is the way to go i reckon, as soon as november is done im off to canada for thier winter. Ill be working as a lifty or something just to earn some dosh so that i can snowboard. Then im off to europe for 3/4 months, going to the tomatina and running of the bulls in spain, love parade in germany and just backpacking around, mooching of relatives and people that are freinds of freinds. hehe. Then i catch a plane to thailand or something and trek all the way down that coast to indonesia then catching a plane home. All this on a round the world ticket and about 10 months.
That sounds positively excellent!!!!!!!! Good luck with it!

Persephone - sugaryblue and you would get along Belgium-wise :p!

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
MMMMMM......
Any place/s you have you're heart set on chepas?
Originally posted by chepas
I really want to visit all the Baltic countries like Latvia, Estonia... they still look really purely back 300 years with all the architecture virtually untouched... lovely.

I've been to China - which I adored... I only ewnt to Beijing and did all the really touristy things like the Great Wall, Forbidden City etc... but it was an experience... They make very nice Milo drinks over there! Chinese Milo. :p~~~

For me: trip to Europe will go via a week in China, then the Trans-Siberian railway from Vladivostok to Moscow, plane or coach to Prague, week there, then through southern Germany and a circle around France, up to Germany and the North, then over tothe UK, for a bit of work.... then from there do little stints to all over Europe :)
:p Europe for me. Plus a few years/months in Qubec. Sick accent in French!!! Funny.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Yeah, they speak an older version of French, a bit colonialised too...but what can I say, Australian English isn't completely proper either...at least their accent is better than ours!

I hear you when you say you want to live in Europe/Quebec, thats all I ever wanted to do...I hear Prague is a very beautiful place, as is Slovenia. But its true, they have been somewhat forgotten, to the worlds advantage almost, and now they are starting to open themselves up internationally, we can explore a culture that previously a generation ago we couldn't have.

What I'd do in Qubec is just ski and go to concerts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)