Overwatch - who is playing? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering... I can't decide which platform to buy for. The reviews seem good and a lot of coverage online of it (poor Battleborn).

PC - best controls and probably best graphics even on my midrange gaming laptop (i7-6700HQ, GTX960m 4gb, 16gb ram)
PS4 - most friends on here and hence likely to play with them if they ever got it
Xbox One - favourite controller and interface; bit of a moot point though given I have a Cronus+ to use the Xbox One controller on PS4 or PC

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
pc masterrace enough said. I heard rumours that pc and consoles share the same server, dont know that will work

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Aren't they all on AWS? K+M vs analogue sticks... not fair.

Anyway realised price difference is huge:

PC - $39.99 USD for standard (my entry point) - about $54 SGD; Origins is $59.99 USD ($80 SGD) but this is moot as I don't care for the extras
PS4 - SGD $90 from the digital store; or if I could get a physical copy from Australia it sounds like it's circa $78-$85 http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/whats-the-cheapest-copy-of-overwatch-in-australia/

(note AUD is about the same as SGD currently)

So... PC it is.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Aren't they all on AWS? K+M vs analogue sticks... not fair.

Anyway realised price difference is huge:

PC - $39.99 USD for standard (my entry point) - about $54 SGD; Origins is $59.99 USD ($80 SGD) but this is moot as I don't care for the extras
PS4 - SGD $90 from the digital store; or if I could get a physical copy from Australia it sounds like it's circa $78-$85 http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/whats-the-cheapest-copy-of-overwatch-in-australia/

(note AUD is about the same as SGD currently)

So... PC it is.
Definitely go with PC for any Blizzard game - I can imagine Overwatch being alright on console, but some of the champions do a lot better on PC

turntaker

HSC
Its a competitive game, so go PC.

plane

HSC
N/A
Another first person shooter game...

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
I like it better than any other FPS that I have played. Although I found it's better in shorter bursts than usual.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sigh, I couldn't get the game to work on my laptop last night. The 4K screen caused scaling issues and the cursor was not working properly (i.e. it wasn't hovering over what was the selection). Will try again tonight when I have more time. Hopefully can get good framerates on my laptop, and keen to try my new DAC/AMP.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
This game is much more casual then competitive, if you want a real competitive FPS, then CS:GO is the game.

Also game is slowly becoming stale, once you know heroes and maps it's very similar in a sense, there's little customisation, and knowing blizzard, they'll want to do everything themselves.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm still in the honeymoon phase having only played about an hour or so... still feels fresh to me!

turntaker

HSC
Thinking of buying Overwatch.
How is it so far OP?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've got about 50 hours on it so far and it's still incredibly fun. Easy to learn, but not easy to master. It's more like a mix of TF2 and League of Legends/Dota than anything else really.

turntaker

HSC
Yeah TF2 + Dota/LoL is a good way to put it.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
It's the new TF2

But we need items to make profit, Blizzard needs to be more smart.
next thing you know we'll have hats and people doing the russian dance instead of fighting

turntaker

HSC
next thing you know we'll have hats and people doing the russian dance instead of fighting
Overwatch is not free to play so its not gonna happen. They already make tons from sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)