P&P and Letters To Alice (1 Viewer)

Liquid Buzz

HSC
Yeah, I'm doing Pride & Prejudice and Letters to Alice as well.

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
Our school as well. I really like it so far, though a lot of other people really hate Letters to Alice. Thoughts?

Liquid Buzz

HSC
Our school as well. I really like it so far, though a lot of other people really hate Letters to Alice. Thoughts?
I found Letters to Alice was helpful in understanding P&P better. I think it will still take me some time to develop of a full appreciation of P&P though.

B

Brinny92

Yeah, our class is also doing P & P and Letters to Alice. I really hate Letters to Alice so far, but then again I am only up to the third letter. Hopefully it will get better :)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I found P&P better on the second and third read (I had already read it once in year 10, and once at the start of year 12). I found "Letters to Alice" quite pompous and annoying.
Then my class read an essay on LTA, P&P and didacticism, and my opinion towards LTA are changing ever-so-slightly. I don't mind Weldon's other books, and I'm coming around to this one.
She still comes across as arrogant though.

1.saviour

HSC
where can i find that essay on P&P and LTA and didactiscsm or what ever it is? sounds helpful. my teacher said it was the only one available....

LobbSACS

HSC
i am, its a shit book, both of them. Fay weldon is a useless author.

Im sure all the girls are enjoying it, however, i go to a mostly guys school, really fair on the majority of the students by picking a girl only text. :vcross:

Aeriff

HSC
Also studying P&P/LTA. Sucks when you're the only male in the Advanced English class and the teacher loves the texts and you hate them. :mad:

thefinalshot

HSC
Yep. To be honest I thought PnP would be a drag, because I remembered thinking that the movie (the version with Keira Knightley) was quite boring. However I'm glad to say I was mistaken, and now I want to rewatch that movie to see what I think now! LTA, on the other hand, is pure Torture with a capital T (I hate how pompous she sounds when she says Literature with a capital L). I'm still unsure how we're going to relate the two in an essay; I think I can see the links from LTA to PnP because of its constant reference to context in PnP and how times have gotten much better, etc, but I'm not sure how to relate back from PnP to LTA... (if that makes sense?) I also have no idea what kind of techniques there are in LTA ><

Oh wow, long post :p A nice ramble for my first post on this site. xD

em-leee91

HSC
yeah i enjoyed p+p but the analysis of it is so gay im mean come onfay weldon is a femininst nong who rambles on about crap lol
xox

HSC
okey i like P&P but i hate Letters to Alice especailly its a book of letters because i had to read 'Evelina' for extension last year and it was so boring i literally fell asleep (with the book covering my face of course :p)
But i have a question, i heard that when your comparing P&P and Letters To Alice they have to be talk in equal amount
So my question is what is there to talk about in L.T.A since i have heaps on P&P but not L.T.A

HSV RULZ

HSC
Can anyone summarize chapter one (or Letter one) of Letters to Alice on first reading Jane Austen. PLEASE

I don’t get it and my teacher wants me to write a summary

OHHH! and i can give any who wants a summary of Pride and Prejudice if u want it

Shortii Tania

im not short, im fun size
HSC
I am doing it too and so far i like it. I reckon Fay Weldon isnt that bad and does make it easier to understand P&J, if it werent for her book letters to alice i wouldnt have liked P&J much so i think its a good text.
If anyone wants to watch P&J DO NOT watch the kiera knightley version coz it is so bad- go for the BBC version and also check out some essays and information from infocus.
Its not that bad.

:rolleyes:

HSV RULZ

HSC
I am doing it too and so far i like it. I reckon Fay Weldon isnt that bad and does make it easier to understand P&J, if it werent for her book letters to alice i wouldnt have liked P&J much so i think its a good text.
If anyone wants to watch P&J DO NOT watch the kiera knightley version coz it is so bad- go for the BBC version and also check out some essays and information from infocus.
Its not that bad.

:rolleyes:

how can u say the letters to alice isent that bad? :angry:
its crap :hammer: it has no meaning, its so boring, even my teacher hates it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)