P plate test tmoro RYDE RTA (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
catzhernandez said:
How can you not have your P's already?

Most people usually have their P's by senior year of high school or first year of uni.
I just never got them. I take public transport everywhere (it's handy to work, uni and home) and my boyfriend has had his P's and own car for the majority of the time we've been together.

I was young for my year anyways - skipped a grade early on. Plus I moved away for uni for the first year and whenever I'm not at uni, I'm working full time. For the past few years I've had an immensely busy life.

I'm only getting them now because my L's expire in a month or two and I didn't want to have to do 120 hours.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i only got my P's about 3 weeks ago and i'm 20.
i was pretty much in a similar situation to tulipa. I never really needed to get them because i could always catch public transport or get a lift with somebody.
It's great to know that i can go where i want when i want now though.

good luck sarah!

EDIT: just realised that my L's would have expired today if i still had them.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i only got my P's about 3 weeks ago and i'm 20.
i was pretty much in a similar situation to tulipa. I never really needed to get them because i could always catch public transport or get a lift with somebody.
It's great to know that i can go where i want when i want now though.

good luck sarah!

EDIT: just realised that my L's would have expired today if i still had them.
Yeah and I'm not even twenty yet :p

Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out (probably with a big thread haha)

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Fucking started pissing down on the way to Menai today (15 minutes away). It was raining so hard my wipers couldn't keep up. Quite the distraction.
REM; If your driving under such conditions and IF your car has one, IS the time to flick on the rear fog lamp.

Rescued a lady who was rear-impacted in the RH lane by a ute on the F3 in heavy daytime rain some time back. Told her about her rear fog light (no idea) and gently explained.

If your car has a rear fog - this ISO Switch Symbol will be in it.

NEW AUS ROAD RULES and therefore a new RUH (driver handbook), due mid to late 2008. Substantial changes; everything from new rules governing pets on utes, restraints, etc.

Last edited:
HSC
i'm going for mine at ryde tomorrow, can anyone else offer any hints/tips other than whats already been posted? thanks :)

xJennax

HSC
Lol...if you got your Ps before July 2007 you need to have done 50 hours. If you got them after that you have to have done 120.. I think?

Btw good luck to those going for the Ps...if you're nervous dw I was a nervous wreck before mine lol. Make sure to do all your observation checks, that includes looking left and right when going through a traffic light even if it's green. :)

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
i did mine at ryde today and passed first go.

relief at its maximum point.

got my l's in march 2007 and after 94 hours of driving and 3 hours driving instructor, the bitch was done.

i had to do only 50 hours, but hey, more experience is always good.

t78952

HSC
I know this is a dead thread, but I in case anyone in the future stumbles upon this, good luck!
Tips
1. Dont do it during school zone hours- you end up being forced to cross double lines briefly and your route may include 2 school zones.
2. 10km/h in macq centre
3. I think they usually go down herring road and abuklea road. (Herring has 1 school zone) - saw a lot of l's pass by when i was practicing in the area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)