P-plate theft (1 Viewer)

sinist4

HSC
hmm never had this problem before... maybe its because you drive to fast and it falls off hehe.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
Just take them off and put them on the drivers seat...that way you won't forget to put them on again before you drive off again, and nobody will steal them.

Some_Guy

HSC
As soon as i saw that P-plate must be outside the car law i knew this would happen.

pete_mate said:
This happens to me all the time, and i live in mosman ffs, even with the crappy ones.
Yea i live in mosman too and its been happening to me. I think the kids on my street are the ones doing it and i really want to catch the bastards but i cbf staking out my car all day.

The problem with taking them off is that it can sometimes be hard to wedge them back into a place where they wont fall off easily. The plastic plates also wear out kinda easy when you keep moving them around.

I wonder if there's some way I could booby trap those plates...

CieL

HSC
Some_Guy said:
I wonder if there's some way I could booby trap those plates...
I dont know.. slide a mouse trap behind it? :p

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
the new p-plate law is a joke. i've never had mine pinched since i've had them outside my car .. but that's because its impossible to get it off! i've got these plastic plugs coming from behind my p-plate into the last hole in my number plate .. can't get them off in a hurry! all my friends have weird ways of keeping theres on .. screws, cable ties etc.

i ended up with my friends p-plates after our yr 12 end of year party .. and i have no idea how i got them! lol

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
far these new p plates laws suck. My car has nowhere to stuff them in outside, so i put them under my windscreen wiper - and den it stared fricken raining lolz.

that combined with the fact that my mate got fined on the 2nd day of the new rules.

haha p-plates stealing happens all the tym at our skool along with the raising of ppl's windscreen wipers... lame i noe lolz. Actually if you left them outside it wuld be full unexpected if they were still there wen u got back.

Lolz we were following our mates in a car, and i stole his magnetic p - plates at an red light as a joke. i probably looked liked an idiot doing it in fornt of the busy ashfield shops on the highway :p

CieL

HSC
Yesterday I saw so many red P platers with their plastic plates stuck on the car body with masking tape.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
CieL said:
Yesterday I saw so many red P platers with their plastic plates stuck on the car body with masking tape.
yeah i've seen that too! and not just masking tape .. duct tape, cable ties, bailing twine, fully nutted/bolted on, 5934593485 on the inside across the front dash incase the one under the number place gets stolen .. it's ridiculous!

ohh that windscreen wipers thing annoys me so much! it happened to me once when i had study last so i left early and it was pouring rain! had an arm full of books/folders and i couldn't find my keys and i was standing there in the rain trying to get my wipers down, find my keys in my bag and keep everything dry! :burn:

7th Sign

HSC
don't use magnetic ones they are just asking to get sotlen by cheap kids.

get the cheapo plastic ones, go into the RTA and say people keep stealing them..

I once walked in and said I keep loosing them and walked out with about 20 of them lol...

but now I use cable ties no one steal them...I cant even take them off with out using wire cutters lol

F2001

HSC
MuffinMan said:
alternatively go to the rta and ask for heaps (like 20 or so), so when someone takes one, just go get another one from your car :)
Hello,

Well I went to RTA once in the afternoon and the old idiot tried to force me to take a ticket and wait for probably 20-30 other people to finish up just to grab some plates. Since I ran out, I don't use them anymore. I have not used P plates for almost 8 months now.
I don't see what is so elite/special to display them, majority of the time it just causes prejudice and trouble. I'm amazed at how much people don't act like absolute d**kheads around me compared to long ago.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's illegal to not display P plates, you know. They were designed so that other drivers would understand that you're a novice and be kinder to you if you made any mistakes. Of course, that backfires in a lot of cases--drivers just want to bully you and what not. I think it's especially important during the first year of driving, i.e. red Ps, after that, I think green Ps should be made optional--if they're still not feeling confident (or if they've rarely driven during their red Ps) they can put them on, otherwise, they can take them off--there are just so many green Ps that are obviously waiting around to get their full licences and have acquired the manner and (often) bad driving habits of fully licensed drivers.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lala2 said:
Of course, that backfires in a lot of cases--drivers just want to bully you and what not.
man that is so true. i hate being on my L's... eg most people i've observed go a little under the speed limit on my main road coz it's downhill and twisty but without fail every time i drive i'll get some idiot who suddenly feels like doing 60 and tailgating because there's an L plater in front of him, when i'll bet my bottom dollar if i hadn't been there he'd have been doing around 50 like everyone else. GAY.

some people can be really nice though. i nearly hit someone's cat once but she was all understanding and blamed the animal and not my shoddy driving, that was good :)

F2001

HSC
lala2 said:
It's illegal to not display P plates, you know.
Yes I know. Drive like a mature person, be kind at times. And it's almost nothing to worry about, I've been doing it the entire year almost. I'm much happier of how I'm treated on the road, as well as how much I've improved myself (used to get pee'd off easily). I put majority of blame on the stupid red label..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
man that is so true. i hate being on my L's... eg most people i've observed go a little under the speed limit on my main road coz it's downhill and twisty but without fail every time i drive i'll get some idiot who suddenly feels like doing 60 and tailgating because there's an L plater in front of him, when i'll bet my bottom dollar if i hadn't been there he'd have been doing around 50 like everyone else. GAY.
If it really bothers you and you can't ignore it. Slow down even more, you're in front, you're boss.

When I was much more stupid, A short hard stab on the brakes use to make the idiot behind wake up and back off. That comes with obvious risks.

Last edited:

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Ive had mine stolen so many times that its not funny anymore and its usually at the carparks. Yeah I seen ppl using masking tape now... my brother uses it too. So you're allowed to ask the RTA to give you some more... I didn't know that.

sk1001

HSC
CieL said:
Victorians can't drive for shit.
Oh, what a beleiveable source! Some fucking whorebag from New South Wales! Why don't you go and put your shitty little green P's on the back of your shitty little 1972 Tarago so it can get fucking stolen by some other cheap little peice of shit from New South Fucking Wales. You fucking dumbcunts, go and eat shit.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
sk1001 said:
Oh, what a beleiveable source! Some fucking whorebag from New South Wales! Why don't you go and put your shitty little green P's on the back of your shitty little 1972 Tarago so it can get fucking stolen by some other cheap little peice of shit from New South Fucking Wales. You fucking dumbcunts, go and eat shit.
We'd all do that but the hook turns took all our time yo.

Evilo

HSC
I suggest people *Dont* cable tie, or use wire etc to hook their p plates on their car. Although it sounds obvious to do so, some cunt will use some scissors/knife etc and scratch your car in the process. Do what my mate does and take them off every time he parks the car. Yeah its a pain in the ass i know, but by taking them off you're removing the temptation for it to be stolen. It takes 15 seconds to slide it behind the number plates. Just my 2 cents

sk1001

HSC
Azamakumar said:
We'd all do that but the hook turns took all our time yo.
Too bad you have to have your shitty little plates sticky taped on before you can step into your car to do the hook turns. fuckwit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)