Packing For Uni (1 Viewer)

HSC
Well now that the HSC is out of the way, I need something new to stress about.

So, packing. Living on campus, what the balls do I pack?

Is it really necessary to have a mini-fridge? Or a TV? Or a mattress pad?

And not only that, how the hell do I pack it? Will I look like a total tool dragging in suitcases? Does everyone use boxes or what?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
dont get too cocky atm, haven't got results yet, each uni = different packing ;P

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
uw0tm8

Regardless of what uni, you will still be living away from home and thus pack the same things...
Agreed. Unless its a street uni, because then you have to be careful of a certain troll, who can not make it into even TAFE ;)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
None of you actually answered her question.
I can't answer it either lol.
Just pack what you'd take if you were immigrating somewhere...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

And not only that, how the hell do I pack it? Will I look like a total tool dragging in suitcases? Does everyone use boxes or what?
Have some common sense ,,, uni accommodation will most likely have a fridge, a tv and mattresses lol .

Just pack necessities, electronics, clothes and toiletries.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Heya, what uni? Village type accommodation or college?

For mini fridges, you often won't need one at places like SUV cause there are good kitchen facilities. College also has general fridges, but most people prefer to bring little bar fridges to put under the desk. Super useful.

TV no, if you want to watch things use your laptop, or just chill in the common room to watch things together with fellow residents.

I dragged in a massive suitcase with clothes, lots of bags full of things. Considering I was making one trip up to do it, I didn't want to forget anything. Moving in is not such a big deal if it's a short move and you visit home every weekend or something. There's no one way to drag everything in :p

Just bring whatever bedding you want, like lambs wool underlay, doona, you'll be provided a pillow but bringing an extra would be good etc.

Bring desk things, decoration things (posters, curtains, rugs etc..) , I'd say a biggie is bringing all your paperwork (banking, uni stuff, certs whatever) or at least having it scanned onto your computer (because if your parents can't scan like mine it's annoying) which is something you may forget about. A clothes horse is a great idea as well.

Just think about what you typically use in a month and that you wouldn't have to buy getting there. Like I'm a dancer, so I brought all my shoes and hair stuff etc. wouldn't want to buy unnecessary things once I'd moved just because I hadn't foreseen to bring it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Mattress again depends on what they provide and whether you're ok sleeping on something that lots of other people have also slept (and done other things) on.
Take a few fitted sheets. I did this for camp and avoided having to sleep on what other people had to (Stains on the mattress).

fuc u moncey shiteeeee :dog:
Tried to rep, but have to wait:

:monkey:

MessyRoom

HSC
I've never lived in colleges, but I have just moved into a share-house which came fully furnished and stocked.
All I had to bring was bedding, towels and anything else I wanted, but didn't really need. I have a pretty big room so I can fit quite a bit in here. If you're living on campus, the rooms are usually tiny and you can't take any furniture like an extra bookshelf or something.
When I was looking online at my uni's on campus accommodation, they said you have to bring pots/pans, utensils and stuff like that. I reckon over the Christmas break you should just gather the things you need. Start with towels though, unless you know where you're going. Some have single beds, some have king-singles. Maybe you should wait until you know what university you're going to and have a look at their website, they usually have everything you need on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)