Paper 1 comprehension tips (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hi all,

Does anyone have a good list of techniques we should always look out for when analysing texts? Not just basic "imagery, metaphor, personification, rhetoric, alliteration, allusion" etc etc, but like more advanced niche things not many people talk about? Idk an example would probably be like synecdoche, considering I only learnt about it via Eliot lol

Anyways, thanks guys
English sucks I hate it :(

SASH_06_X

HSC
Hi all,

Does anyone have a good list of techniques we should always look out for when analysing texts? Not just basic "imagery, metaphor, personification, rhetoric, alliteration, allusion" etc etc, but like more advanced niche things not many people talk about? Idk an example would probably be like synecdoche, considering I only learnt about it via Eliot lol

Anyways, thanks guys
English sucks I hate it :(
It would take me too long to write them down here, but use this link to help you: https://www.matrix.edu.au/essential-guide-english-techniques/the-literary-techniques-toolkit/

It's got practically every technique you need to know for HSC English summarised and has been super useful to me in learning them, never mind that I forget over half of them when I enter the exam hall.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
u dont need anything crazy/niche for doing good in comprehensionn lol (p.s synecdoche is not one of those niche techniques)
i think thats part of the reason why ppl doing ext 1 english tend to struggle more with comprehension more my friends were telling me they started going into literary critical movement and analysisng the texts through those lens which is not only unnecessary but also a waste of time
i got 20/20 for trials and i didn't have a set list that i used it was just anything from the text that i could identify which fit the question and built on.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
alrighty thanks guys

u dont need anything crazy/niche for doing good in comprehensionn lol (p.s synecdoche is not one of those niche techniques)
when I meant niche I meant like not commonly used
did you really know synecdoche before mod b????

nsw..wollongong

HSC
just say visceral imagery or judacious language or extended metaphor (like just embellish basic ass techniques) u don't need anything too over the top, no one cares abt epizeuxis and all that ish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)