Paper 1 Question 1 - 6marks (1 Viewer)

BunJai

U know for the last question of question 1 - Paper 1....how it asks u to evaluate the three texts and u have to write which one is better in terms of representing change rite...
How should u start in that?

Should u like "Text one is effective in terms of representing change as it persuades the reader to............. through the use of techniques such as..................."?

Also....for those who did the Catholic Trials (includes me)

what did u write about for Section Two (creative writing)?
The question was "If you want to make enemies, try to change something"....

For those that didn't do the CSSA paper.....can u think for me please too coz i stuff that up badly.....thanks

halo_fourteen

Ii got 14/15 for creative writing and I wrote about a girl who moved from a rich city school to a public school in the country. She tries to change her new school to her old one by raising money for it, but nobody wants it changed as it had been that way for years.
Try and add sustained metaphors into your story and you are bound to get a good mark.

bex

HSC
i wrote a speech about radicals who have tried to change society (for both better and worse) and as a result have made enemies... eg Jesus, Martin Luther, Taliban,... i got 11/15

as for that question... you should start with a general statement about change and maybe a definition and then go into the details of each one... i did that and got 6/6 :D and was i proud!

Milly

For Section 2 I wrote about a guy who's tired of everybody sitting on the train ignoring each other, so he tries to start a convo with someone but gets nervous and stuffs it up, totally embarrassing himself in front of the whole carriage. I came out of the exam thinking "Oh my god, what have I done", but I got 14/15 so it couldn't've been too bad!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe
the top responder from our school wrote about a war, and how that changed the person...and he used language techniques to convince the reader of american sterotype, yet in the end, it turned out to be a korean soldier against the americans
the teacher who marked it told us, that u get the top marks if u can invoke, in this case, a change in perspective in the marker

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Longly is DUMB!!!
Caroline told us that she told Longly that she saw the changing perspective with the american and the korean. - Longly claims that she saw the change.... i smell bullshit.

Also, Caroline walks into longley's room and sez 'this is interesting, i dont know how this got here' - and it turned out to be notes for our class.

And well done with ur essay mike

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Originally posted by sorlui ^^
i did CSSA

for creative writing i failed miserably...5/15
I got 5 aswell; too hard to come up with somehting good.

Also, i got 3/20 for my transformations essay; now thats tops

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well who cares
he got the marks, irrespective of which teacher saw the damn change

Dumbarse

"Try and add sustained metaphors into your story and you are bound to get a good mark."

what do u mean by sustained metaphor, do u mean realted to change, whats an example??

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
for question 1 - 6 marks
just make sure you dont say the two other texts are bad. just say how they are less good
sorry you prolly already know that

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
for question 1 - 6 marks
just make sure you dont say the two other texts are bad. just say how they are less good
sorry you prolly already know that
Yes. And keep in mind that there is no wrong answer. Each text would say at least something about Change.

BunJai

Okay...........thank you all!
anyone doing Institution for Mod C here?

if u do....u got any good related material?

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
well who cares
he got the marks, irrespective of which teacher saw the damn change
I know that, but i wasnt focusing on that aspect.
I was just highlighting the fact that longely took credit for something she didnt do.

Bushy::apig: hahahhahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)