Paper 2 - different forms (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone going to go to sleep tonight imagining all the questions tomorrow will want feature articles and speeches? XD

xJennax

HSC
Ugh I hope we don't have to write a speech. Feature article or review would be better.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Nightmare :|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ModC I could *handle* writing a feature article, even though I find it extremely difficult to create the necessary voice, but for the other modules I'd crumble

:'(

fkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol i just want essays but if they do change one AND IT BETTER BE ONLY ONE:vcross: :vcross: i would hope for feature article because its pretty much just redo essay with different intro conclusion and adding of some minor stuff

EmmaCEgan

HSC
I'm just going into the exam calm and cool. I have no idea what they'll ask or what form it will take or even what I might have for breakfast. :) I kinda like it that way. I mean you have to get marks for trying right?:D

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
lol i just want essays but if they do change one AND IT BETTER BE ONLY ONE:vcross: :vcross: i would hope for feature article because its pretty much just redo essay with different intro conclusion and adding of some minor stuff
Yeah, best thing to remember is that no matter what text type/question they ask they still expect you to meet the syllabus requirements (which they include ontop of the question.. or just below.. can't remember)

Hopefully they ask for an interview/report... seeing as you don't have to change the way you write, just how you organise it.

HSC
I think feature article would be the hardest. It's hard to keep your language erudite when you're thinking of all the standard conventions like anecdotes, rhetorical questions etc.

monster child

HSC
speech ftw...its basically just an essay with some lines that address the supposed audience? am I right kids?

powerfulcheese

HSC
monster child said:
speech ftw...its basically just an essay with some lines that address the supposed audience? am I right kids?
I completely agree, a speech would be lovely if they have to give us a different text type. Though, I dont think an interview would be too bad depending on the question they give us. A feature article, however, would be horrible so lets hope they are feeling nice and decide to spare us the feature article.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i want a speech.

interview's the worst because you need to a lot of extra content in the form of questions.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Not really... you just turn your topic sentences into questions!

The subjective nature of truth comes to the fore in "We Ain't Got Dames".

turns into something like

I-ER: So, what would you say is revealed about truth in the episode "We Ain't Got Dames"?

I-EE: Ah, well, the subjective nature of truth definitely comes to the fore in "We Ain't Got Dames".

...right? Dunno I find the interview text type good in that it really helps you cut the waffling and superfluous stuff.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
the whole problem with interview is that interviewer- he adds another 50-100 words to your essay.

danz90

HSC
u-borat said:
the whole problem with interview is that interviewer- he adds another 50-100 words to your essay.
well, remember the interview can also present ideas, which then the interviewee quantifies, talks about etc. for example, ur topic sentence could be incorporated with the interviewer, and then the interview could present the quote, its analysis and what it reveals.

so in essence, like Rhanoct said, an interview is good because its just a rearrangement of content.

just one question... who would we interview? the directors of various readings, for king lear module for example?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)