Paper 2 Mod C (2 Viewers)

Jojofelyx

HSC
Ya'll think they are gonna be absolute pieces of 💩, and force us to do just ONE of the three creative, discursive or persuasive alongside a reflection?

I personally really hope they let us pick whatever style like they did in 2019, cuz bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if i'm forced to do a persuasive/creative then im fked lol

icycledough

HSC
Definitely could get you to write a specific style. But again, as last year's exam was purely imaginative writing, I'd be hoping that they allow you to choose the style of writing you want to go with. I think I can confidently say that most people are definitely most comfortable with creative/imaginative writing just because there's a lot of freedom and flexibility to explore with.

With regards to referring to the other modules, I did see a previous question where it was like "Choose a quote from one of your texts in Common Module, Module A or Module B and write a piece adopting either a creative, discursive or persuasive style" (or something along those lines). I'd argue that would be extremely easy as you would have just written 2 essays for Modules A and B, so you will have at least 20 quotes to choose as a stimulus for your piece.

Jojofelyx

HSC
Definitely could get you to write a specific style. But again, as last year's exam was purely imaginative writing, I'd be hoping that they allow you to choose the style of writing you want to go with. I think I can confidently say that most people are definitely most comfortable with creative/imaginative writing just because there's a lot of freedom and flexibility to explore with.

With regards to referring to the other modules, I did see a previous question where it was like "Choose a quote from one of your texts in Common Module, Module A or Module B and write a piece adopting either a creative, discursive or persuasive style" (or something along those lines). I'd argue that would be extremely easy as you would have just written 2 essays for Modules A and B, so you will have at least 20 quotes to choose as a stimulus for your piece.
Really really really hope this is the case. My module A quotes were literally made for my imaginative lol

tito981

HSC
I think they might let us choose this year lol. But I also keep thinking they will ask something to do with the other Modules since they haven’t done that yet :(
they cant ask only other modules for module C, if they do state other modules are allowed there will always be Mod C available.

vishnay

God
HSC
they cant ask only other modules for module C, if they do state other modules are allowed there will always be Mod C available.
nice

if they do ask for another module can they say any module or will it be specific e.g. perspective of character from mod a

icycledough

HSC
nice

if they do ask for another module can they say any module or will it be specific e.g. perspective of character from mod a
They probably won't make it that specific, just because when they are marking, it can be very hard when marking 70,000 papers to see if everyone has actually written from the perspective of a character from Module A.

Jojofelyx

HSC
They probably won't make it that specific, just because when they are marking, it can be very hard when marking 70,000 papers to see if everyone has actually written from the perspective of a character from Module A.
You never know..... :\\

TheShy

HSC
In the sample questions, one of the examples for mod C was to write an intense moment from the perspective of a character in one of your prescribed text for mod C. tbh I can see them asking the same thing, but with other mods

Disssi

HSC
N/A
Ya'll think they are gonna be absolute pieces of 💩, and force us to do just ONE of the three creative, discursive or persuasive alongside a reflection?

I personally really hope they let us pick whatever style like they did in 2019, cuz bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if i'm forced to do a persuasive/creative then im fked lol
LMAO Im hoping I get asked for an imaginative or a persuasive. I can’t do discursive man

mikrokosmos

HSC
oh? i guess everyone has different preferences haha

but for me it just makes it a shorter creative or whatever and you can justify your employed techniques without it going over the markers head if poorly executed

notme123

HSC
also remember both parts are marked seperately, so you wont exactly be justifying your choices to the same marker. if youre thinking of getting more marks that way im afraid thats not how it works. in that sense you can memorise a reflective with quotes and techniques without it linking to your original response.

icycledough

HSC
I'd say not having to write a reflection (like with last year's HSC) can definitely have its benefits as well. Some students may be unsure on how to write a reflection, or not be able to write anything of substance in 20-25 minutes (considering you also have a reflection as well). So 20 marks for a creative, especially if you're a bit stuck on how to proceed, can give you time to think about how you want to craft your piece at the end of the day.

Jojofelyx

HSC
also remember both parts are marked seperately, so you wont exactly be justifying your choices to the same marker. if youre thinking of getting more marks that way im afraid thats not how it works. in that sense you can memorise a reflective with quotes and techniques without it linking to your original response.
No? They mark every module as its own standalone thing, not according to the subsections within a module. So there will be 2 markers solely for Mod A, 2 for mod b and 2 for mod c. They look through the whole passage by themselves and then average it with the 2nd marker, with any big discrepancies being deferred to senior marker. So if there is a creative/discursive + reflection, marker 1 will look though the both mod c parts and assign a mark, and then marker 2 will do the same.

At least this is what one of the teachers who was an HSC marker in 2019 said, things could have changed since though so plz do correct me if you have newer info on this :)

Although with that said, i dont think any marker will be skipping back to your text to re-read any things youve picked out and analysed in the reflection. 5 minutes to mark a paper isnt enough time to be dissecting that i dont think.

Last edited:

vishnay

God
HSC
No? They mark every module as its own standalone thing, not according to the subsections within a module. So there will be 2 markers solely for Mod A, 2 for mod b and 2 for mod c. They look through the whole passage by themselves and then average it with the 2nd marker, with any big discrepancies being deferred to senior marker. So if there is a creative/discursive + reflection, marker 1 will look though the both mod c parts and assign a mark, and then marker 2 will do the same.

At least this is what one of the teachers who was an HSC marker in 2019 said, things could have changed since though so plz do correct me if you have newer info on this :)

Although with that said, i dont think any marker will be skipping back to your text to re-read any things youve picked out and analysed in the reflection. 5 minutes to mark a paper isnt enough time to be dissecting that i dont think.
senior hsc english marker at my school says mod c reflection is marked separately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)