paper 2 modules Emma Clueless (1 Viewer)

mzduxx2006

HSC
question 1

prose fiction and film

"transformations" require an imaginative reshaping of significant elements of a text for new contexts.

any thoughts?

how did you tackle this question?

starrysky

HSC
I bloody loved this question.

I incorporated the question into my thesis, expanding on how Austen used narrative techniques with the prose medium versus Heckerling's film techniques, etc.

Then did a paragraph for each context - i.e. Regency England & post-modern 20th Century society, comparing and contrasting them in terms of constant and changed values & attitudes to themes such as love, marriage, social hierarchy, gender roles.

Then talked about the superficial values and delusions concerning the way life is lived for Emma & Cher.

Then my other significant element was about love and marriage values & attitudes compared over both societies, talked about the protagonist/heroine's path of awareness, catalysts for their self awareness and the way the composers conveyed the realisation, and ... yeah.

Also pumped my essay full of techniques and crap.

It was a general question, I liked how it didn't take much effort to manipulate my prepared essay to fit it. Just had to extract some elements and include others, etc.

Last edited:

elle148

HSC
I did the themes used by both, and then the different mediums (fiction/film)

it was an ok question... just wasn't completely expecting if (obviously) and so i don't think i did a top mark essay but i'm confident i did fairly good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)