parallel parking in tight spots (1 Viewer)

skynet89

HSC
because i drive to the city most days i was wondering how the fuck do people reverse park in the really really tight spots. like especially newtown when you're trying to find one and you cbf'ed finding an easier one 2 km away. i normally just do one turn, reverse, then once im at a 45 angle full lock the other way. how do you guys do it. just experience and practice?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think you're never better at parallel parking than the day before your red Ps test.

Practice is the key. My car is tiny but because I haven't really needed to parallel park I'm not good at it anymore, I either hit the kerb or am too far away from it.

Evilo

HSC
park infront of a shop which has glass so you can see the reflection of the car. After that you'll pick it up with practice.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i kind of approach it at an angle and then turn the wheel the other way to ease into the spot. at least thats the way dad's been teaching me to do it.

don't attempt a park if the space is really too small though, some stupid bitch nearly backed right into me when i was sitting parked because she was trying to fit a big sedan into a space smaller than a frigging little hatchback. ffs im still learning to drive and i know better than that.

Pace_T

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i kind of approach it at an angle and then turn the wheel the other way to ease into the spot. at least thats the way dad's been teaching me to do it.

don't attempt a park if the space is really too small though, some stupid bitch nearly backed right into me when i was sitting parked because she was trying to fit a big sedan into a space smaller than a frigging little hatchback. ffs im still learning to drive and i know better than that.
i saw some fob cunt near unsw last semester trying to park his car in the same way. and no joke the space that he was trying to park in was LESS than the length of his car. yet he still tried to do it
his car was driving up the gutter plus every time he reversed or went forward, he kept hitting both other cars bumpers. i was almost pissing myself wehn walking past. i wonder how he got the car out of that mess loll!!!!!!!!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
You approach the car in front parallel to it about 40 cm away from it. Then you slowly reverse until the midpoint of your car is in line with the back of the front car. Then full lock to the left. Ease in until your car is at a 45 degree angle. Then full lock to the right and continue easing in. You'll do a perfect park every time. Parallel parking is the easiest kind.

Cheers.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chicky_pie said:
few times i've scratched people's car when doing that turn, i would drive off and find another spot, i don't want to pay for people's insurance :lol:
Wow you're shit, it's people like you who reverse into my car in a shopping centre carpark and leave no note or details or anything to pay for the fucking $5000 repair bill (yay for insurance, but I had to pay the $500 excess).

Screw you.

Evilo

HSC
chicky_pie said:
few times i've scratched people's car when doing that turn, i would drive off and find another spot, i don't want to pay for people's insurance :lol:
scum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)