Parents reaction to ATAR (1 Viewer)

HSC
I planned to sleep in, then access them whenever. Didn't turn out too good though, my principal rang and woke me up to find out. Best in 5-ish years supposedly. Parents simply said congratulations.
haha our assistant coordinator just called me to find out. shes like 'just wondering if you would like to share your atar' me: 'i would LOVE to' :D

lizajane91

HSC
My mum started crying and my dad jumped up and started yelling random things then he started ringing EVERYONE...then my aunty rang and she started crying so my mum started crying again...hahah lol was interesting

ATAR 96.4

my parents expected 90-92ish

Pyrokinetic

HSC
Mum: Do you know your atar yet?
Me: Yeah
Mum: What'd you get?
Me: 98.20
Mum: Thats pretty high...
*10 minute awkward silence*
Mum: So did you get a scholarship?
Me: No
Mum: Oh.. Well is that high enough to make it into unis you wanted?
Me: Yeah
*5 minute silence*
Mum: Okay
*Walks away*

Didnt know how she'd react because i haven't shown her any of my school reports in 3 or so years. Im happy though x)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Dad: "Not bad.". Five minutes later, he begins hounding me to do Photovoltaics (because some guy in China got rich over that), or IT (because I like computers), and that a science degree doesn't pay off.

Mum: Same thing.

qwerty91

Executive Member
HSC
I told my dad I got 98.45, and he was more excited than I was!
He frantically called my mum, who announced it to her office, then proceeded to call every person he'd ever met in his life.
Slight overreaction...

HSC
I got 84 and the cut off for economics at University of Queensland last year was 84. Dad came from a glass half empty perspective though: "so that means you will have the lowest atar score of anyone in your course", thanks for the vote of confidence Dad

Joga Bonito

HSC
it fuckin sucks when you do comparatively quite well, but you're kind of disappointed because you know you could have done better, but your parents don't even fucking ask what you ATAR you got after they see your hsc marks, they pretend like you never did the fucking HSC, they say fucking nothing all day. YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT.

M@ster P

HSC
it fuckin sucks when you do comparatively quite well, but you're kind of disappointed because you know you could have done better, but your parents don't even fucking ask what you ATAR you got after they see your hsc marks, they pretend like you never did the fucking HSC, they say fucking nothing all day. YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT.
someones happy

Mainoyi

HSC
mum:congrats
dad:im pleased with ur result,keep up ur work..(uni..- -)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
haha our assistant coordinator just called me to find out. shes like 'just wondering if you would like to share your atar' me: 'i would LOVE to' :D

same!!! did u get a call off lebretton as well? i didnt (well if i did, i wasnt home) but kate said she did!

HSC
same!!! did u get a call off lebretton as well? i didnt (well if i did, i wasnt home) but kate said she did!
hahah nah pickert called me! i was literally jumping with excitement when i was talking to her hahaha! had such an urge to scream out loud LOL!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Mum - *hugs* I'm so happy for you!
Dad - called him and he sounded ecstatic. Shall go ps3 shopping with him later XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)