parents (1 Viewer)

Carcus

HSC
has anyone else been having hassles with their parents?, trying to force them to take career choices they really dont want to?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Ohhh i wish my parents would push me in some sort of direction. Im at a loss as to what to do after school. Really really really REALLY, no i dea whatsoever of what i would even LIKE to do, let alone what is achievable. My parents dont even know i study, that o have homework, and just butt out of everything. It makes me feel a little dejected, but i know its possibly better than having nagging parents.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
there's a difference between giving you advice or finding a possibility for you when you don't have a plan yourself.
i would imagine it being terrible if your parents are set on making your decisions. make sure that if what they are pushing you to do is an absolutely wrong option for you - that is, if it's something you wouldn't even consider - then don't do it. even if you have to fight with them for it, go for what you believe is right for you.
nobody wants to wind up 10 years later in a place they would kill to get out of.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
there's a difference between giving you advice or finding a possibility for you when you don't have a plan yourself.
i would imagine it being terrible if your parents are set on making your decisions. make sure that if what they are pushing you to do is an absolutely wrong option for you - that is, if it's something you wouldn't even consider - then don't do it. even if you have to fight with them for it, go for what you believe is right for you.
nobody wants to wind up 10 years later in a place they would kill to get out of.
The worst part is you'd have an inclination to blame them in some way because you've wasted a part of your life doing something you're unhappy about.

I recently met a girl who did med for a year (she lives with a family of doctors) and dropped out... she is shitted about wasting a year. Better a year than 10 as you said...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I had those problems.
At least until I told my parents to butt the hell out because it's my life and I don't give a damn about what they think I should do.
They were trying to push me into doing a BMus. just because I'm good at music, but I want to make a career out of science instead.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
my parents are crap... my mum choose my subjects for yr 12!... she wouldnt even let me make suggestions... its crazy... they seem to think that its their responsibility to choose my path in life... i hate it sooo much... :chainsaw:

Mandy101

HSC
My parents are fantastic - they've always told me to follow my dreams and do whatever I want. They've never put pressure on me to get certain marks - my mum said that if I was happy, she would be happy. Sure enough, I'm coming first in two subjects and ranked top 10% for everything else in a selective school which proves that if you have faith in someone, they'll make their own way there.

alita

HSC
Samie_Loo said:
my parents are crap... my mum choose my subjects for yr 12!... she wouldnt even let me make suggestions... its crazy... they seem to think that its their responsibility to choose my path in life... i hate it sooo much... :chainsaw:
same here! my mum choose subjects for me (based on their scaling)...even though I really hated them and therefore did badly. I dropped out of year 11 and went to tafe where I'm now doing subjects I love, that have average scaling but I'm doing a lot better in them.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i feel sorry for you guys who have controlling parents. Whats the point of having children, when they arent happy with their life, and cant do anything for themselves?!

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
my parents are always having a go, your haing to many days off, do your homework, get a tutor. they want me to succedd. im the last of 4 kids. none of which has gone to uni or made anything of themselves. they want me to succeed so they can bludge of me later in life! lol. its hard when i fail a test or something. i have to keep it from them. espiecially my dad. when he looks at me with disapointment in his eyes. i feel really crappy. they push me heaps hard. and the more they push the less i do.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
suger_plum said:
my parents are always having a go, your haing to many days off, do your homework, get a tutor. they want me to succedd. im the last of 4 kids. none of which has gone to uni or made anything of themselves. they want me to succeed so they can bludge of me later in life! lol. its hard when i fail a test or something. i have to keep it from them. espiecially my dad. when he looks at me with disapointment in his eyes. i feel really crappy. they push me heaps hard. and the more they push the less i do.
my parents are very very similar..

my mum said to be the other day that i had no choice in the fact that i WILL be applying for uni - i dont wanna go to uni i have told her this many many times. i WILL apply for UNE and newie uni. i WILL do a course in drama and teaching. otherwise i will be a shame on the family and i will be a bum and be dependant on someone for the rest of my life. :vcross:

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
i cant wait to go to uni, because im gunna live on campus, therefore. as far away from parentals and theyre needless pushing! woohoo! i actually appyling to unis far away. im not applying to sydney ect. becasue they will expect me to saty at home! eww

PunkeysDillemma

Yes parents....They piss me off sometimes. By sometimes I mean all the time...lol.
But I just implement a subtle system of rebellion....It dosent seem to be working...

Carcus

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
Ohhh i wish my parents would push me in some sort of direction. Im at a loss as to what to do after school. Really really really REALLY, no i dea whatsoever of what i would even LIKE to do, let alone what is achievable. My parents dont even know i study, that o have homework, and just butt out of everything. It makes me feel a little dejected, but i know its possibly better than having nagging parents.
shelly, trust me, having parents that avoid your school life is far better than parents that think they know what you want to do with your life, you're on easy street

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
My parents dont care about my hsc/uai, but they want me to do my best at school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)