parking at unsw (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
most people i know park on the streets around uni. it's a pretty safe area and there's quite a lot of spaces there, especially if you get in early and/or are willing to walk a little bit.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
i think i read somewhere that the parking close to the uni is metered?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
If you have classes in the middle of the day finding parking can be horrible. Usually there'll be a considerable walk to the uni.

AE86

HSC
Here's my opinion on uni parking at unsw.

You should only park at streets close to uni (<5min walk) if you drive an old car and you dont really mind risking the chances of getting your car scrapped by other cars. Reason being, is because you just won't believe how much idiots that park so close and squeeze themselves into a car space that's really not suitable for their car size. The closest gap i've seen with them parking were two cars in contact and, worse yet, i've seen cars that were sandwiched by two cars with less than 10cm gap front and back. Parkers near uni are just insane and inconsiderate for others.

If you're driving a relatively new car, i'll advise you take the extra 10min walk from/to uni for your car's sake.

As for myself, i'm borrowing a friend's car space under his apartment. It's a healthy 15min walk. I've seen people trying to hunt for parking spaces close to uni for an awfully long time where they could have settled for an easy parking that's a 15min walk. Often if you're not an earlybird, you will need to spend maybe >15min trying to find car park that are close to uni.

CMJ

HSC
yeah i agree AE86, with the parking at unsw. I drove to uni all of last sem after catching public transport for previous semesters, and found parking in a quieter street, eg cottenham avenue, so much easier, no reverse parking, just pull into the kerb and approx a 5 to 10 min flat walk to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)