• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parking Fine- Envelope but not Penalty Notice?? (1 Viewer)

angelfromabuv

HSC
Hey guys question, so i parked at the station today, and i parked at the end of the street. I took off for a couple of hours come back and theres an empty yellow fine envelope (to the state debt recovery office in Parramatta) on my windscreen, but no penalty notice with it??

I could have been pulled up coz theres an RTA rule that you have to be 10m away from the end of the curb if there are no traffic lights, so yes, anal as it is, its possible i could get fined $185 for that. But it was just the empty envelope and no notice? It wasn't particularly windy?
Is this a joke you reckon? Or what should i be doing about it :|

Thanks, and watch where u park!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe call up the State recovery debt office and see whether your car has been fined or not. If so, theyll prob send you another notice or maybe tell you the infringement number on the phone so you could pay it?

Evilo

HSC
sounds like people playing a joke, but i would do what jemsta said, because you'll get in trouble if its not payed.

angelfromabuv

HSC
thanks for ur advice guys, i called them up today and coz fines don't get immediately registered or something she has no idea if i got fined or not. She reckons its either a joke coz she says it happens a lot, or else the officer dude left an empty envelope as a sign that he was going to mail me (can i say what the? ur supposed to get given a notice immediately) and so if i get a fine in the next wk i'm $185 poorer, but if no mail = no fine, so fingers crossed.

My suburbs pretty dead i wouldn't expect anyone to be going there but we'll see

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I always wonder... what are the rules regarding fines if you didn't receive it (say someone nicked it or it blew away)?

Evilo

HSC
seremify007 said:
I always wonder... what are the rules regarding fines if you didn't receive it (say someone nicked it or it blew away)?
I think after a few months you get a "unpaid fine warning". After that they can do many bad things... lol ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)