Parramatta council fights against political correctness (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Merry Christmas back in place after Parramatta Council dumps Seasons Greetings signs

COUNCILS have turned their backs on political correctness, reinstating the "Merry Christmas" greeting to its rightful place.

Parramatta Council, in Sydney's west, has taken down its "season's greetings" banners in favour of posters wishing "Merry Christmas". The move came after the council produced Christmas cards and 50 banners for five years without mentioning Christmas once.

Councillors believe the politically correct banners reflected "a secular view of Christmas" instead of the "traditional Australian view of Christmas".
"Our community is fed up with this erosion of the true meaning and essence of Christmas through this ridiculous pre-emptive surrender of the real Christmas on the basis it may offend someone," councillor Michael McDermott said.

"All we do is offend the great majority of our residents by this politically correct nonsense and watering down of the historically accurate view of Christmas.

"This is not some puerile statement, it is a debate that our communities need to have about the essence of Christmas and the manner in which political correctness is used to attack and erode it."

He put forward a move to reinstate the phrase "Merry Christmas" on banners, websites, booklets, leaflets, and for Christmas events, as well as to cover the words "season's greetings" on all banners within the Parramatta CBD with "Merry Christmas".
-edited-

Last edited by a moderator:

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Re: Parramatta council fights against jews with "merry christmas" signs.

Thank god I don't live in western Sydney shit hole. At least in the eastern suburbs they respect Jews and how we may be offended of such "merry Christmas" statements.
I heard Israel is a great place. Perhaps you could live there one day?

HSC
N/A

I heard Israel is a great place. Perhaps you could live there one day?
yeah I will live there when I do my compulsory military service. I cannot wait!
At least I wont have to live with being offended.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

I am confused...how could merry Christmas possibly be offensive to anyone? It seems like a pretty bland statement to me.

If you find mention of the word Christmas, or celebrating this holiday to be offencive, maybe you should try moving to a country where the main religion isn't Christianity. I heard Iran is nice this time of year.

HSC
N/A

I am confused...how could merry Christmas possibly be offensive to anyone? It seems like a pretty bland statement to me.

If you find mention of the word Christmas, or celebrating this holiday to be offencive, maybe you should try moving to a country where the main religion isn't Christianity. I heard Iran is nice this time of year.
Actually its offensive to us jews. The reason for this is that Christmas is not a Jewish holiday but a Christan holiday. Jews believe that Christianity is the wrong religion and hence it is offensive to be associated with Christmas and Christianity.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

**********~~~~~~shit troll alert~~~~~~~~~~*******

1. not funny.
2. not interesting.

anyone that replies with a serious statement is a fuckin idiot

HSC
N/A

**********~~~~~~shit troll alert~~~~~~~~~~*******

1. not funny.
2. not interesting.

anyone that replies with a serious statement is a fuckin idiot
hey, what do you have against jews you antisemitic prick?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

yeah I will live there when I do my compulsory military service. I cannot wait!
At least I wont have to live with being offended.
Hopefully a Hamas militant shoots you, which will stop you posting.

HSC
N/A

Hopefully a Hamas militant shoots you, which will stop you posting.
well, thanks for announcing to us all your barbaric instinct. You have to be islamic scum

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

well, thanks for announcing to us all your barbaric instinct. You have to be islamic scum
If that's barbaric instinct, what would proposing commiting mass genocide against Muslims be?

You're a shit troll, stop stealing other peoples oxygen.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I understand this is a troll post, just want to post some serious points.

1. "Seasons greetings" are not designed to be nice to jews specifically, it is also aimed at Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Athiests etc. and all common non-Christian beliefs in Australia.
2. Out of all those groups i think you will find Jews are one of the smallest groups in Australia, if not then it is certainly not growing as fast as the other religous groups.
3. Australia was formed by people who would probably identify themselves with the Christian faith, and it is by far the largest religious group here. If your living in Australia you have to deal with it, i am no longer Christian - i am agnostic but i have no problems with Christmas at all. If i was to go to Israel and deny the rights to publically celebrating Hanukkah, Yom Kippur, Shabbat or any of the prominent Jewish holidays it would be an outrage.
4. The reason the eastern suburbs respects Jews, is because of the large concentration of Jews there. Its like saying "The Vietnamese are respected in Cabramatta."

HSC

neggin u is what i do

Last edited:

johony

HSC

jews have the worst parties

as soon as they see you're not from emmanuel or some other variety of jew school (including reddam) they hide themselves in their little enclaves leaving us conventional types to mingle with conventional people

yeah so they are the worst

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

as soon as they see you're not from emmanuel or some other variety of jew school (including reddam) they hide themselves in their little enclaves leaving us conventional types to mingle with conventional people

yeah so jews are the worst
I find that offensive.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

yeah so jews are the worst
Everyone wins then :karate:

johony

HSC

I find that offensive.
well, when you send your kids to a school which has similar people and cultures to themselves for 6 years straight (perhaps longer!) you'll find that they'll probably turn into clandestine racists. or even if you send them to those jewish camps (lol) or whatever love in is available. but some of those bondi moriah jews are pretty hot i must say.

jewish people who go to regular schools are fine and generally harmless

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

well, when you send your kids to a school which has similar people and cultures to themselves for 6 years straight (perhaps longer!) you'll find that they'll probably turn into clandestine racists. or even if you send them to those jewish camps (lol) or whatever love in is available. but some of those bondi moriah jews are pretty hot i must say.

jewish people who go to regular schools are fine and generally harmless
Yep, nobody of any religion are ever bad. Unless they are extremists or racists. (usually both)

HSC
N/A

I dont get it, uncle

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

Doesn't Santa him self say "Merry Christmas"<in a drawn out way>? He is a poster boy of secularism. Why is this so scary?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)