Part Time Job During Prelim (1 Viewer)

Zantico

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone here got a casual/part time job which affected your school year. i know i had a casual job during the first 2 terms of prelim year and that really screwed up my results and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
I have a casual job too, and find that it is really hard to balance it as well as my school work, esp as I do a distance ed course at home.

I think that it CAN work, as long as you get the balance right, and don't take to much on.

Roga

HSC
I took up a part time job in October of my prelim year. I'm still working now in my HSC year but only one day a week as a casual. I just asked my manager and he said he was fine with it and I could work more after the exams. I learnt to balance my study and work but it has also given me something else to do rather than just study study study.

HSC
I'm in the same position as Roga. I've been in my job since August 2006, and are in year 12 now. I've been lucky that I've been able to dictate my shifts to my manager, yet still have the option of picking up more shifts after exams.
If you limit how much you work, and be realistic with how you can manage your time effectively, then there's no reason for your job to negatively affect your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)