Part-Time jobs! (1 Viewer)

Tadaa

HSC
What kind of jobs are you guys thinking of getting after HSC?

deswa1

HSC
I'll probs do some tutoring and then also work experience at law firms etc

deswa4

HSC
N/A
I'll probs do some tutoring and then also work experience at law firms etc
What subjects will you be tutoring? It will be my great honour to be tutored by the great, and almighty deswa1 ! :O

Dedication_

HSC
I highly suggest avoiding fastfood... those places are horrible and usually with minimal wage, no sunday rates and unpaid breaks. I have friends who work at subway and get no benefits. Retail is generally a good place to start.

Rawf

HSC
I'm gonna try a supermarket like woolworths, coles or IGA

Kieran95

HSC
Why is that?
Well, ive realised that when you do all humanities subjects and no DT/Construction subjects, Bunnings just isn't the right job for you lol. Something like coles/woolies is probably ideal.

ismeta

HSC
Going to try getting a job at a supermarket/retail store or maybe a receptionist/data entry sort of thing, my employability for christmas casuals is kind of shot because I'm going on holiday between christmas and early January.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Already got job at a pizza place, so dishwashing, pizza making and barista skills w00t.

When I move to uni, I'd prob look for a cafe, bar (planning to get RSA), bookstore or retail (ALDI would be the best check out check cause you can sit down lol).

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
For anyone thinking of working in fast food places, it really isn't that bad. I do work at Mcdonalds and have stayed for a year + now. It depends on the management really, like any job. They will make you work, but most of the time you actually want to be doing something because of how boring it gets when there's nothing to do.Peak times can get to you, but most of the time it's just easy repetitive work. The wage..is well it's a wage..like most jobs, hovers around.

Rawf

HSC
How do you apply for retail xmas casual and what do you normally do?
Don't apply too close to christmas because they don't want inexperienced slow staff during the christmas period.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Most Christmas Jobs open at the end of this month. So employees will post things late this month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)