• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

part time study (1 Viewer)

deano059

HSC
is it worth to study part time in order to work full time in a good job?...or working full time mon - fri doesnt allow enough time for uni work?

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
yes its worth it..

i wish i done that earlier..

working = money.. u can buy stuff instead of being a poor uni student..

and 2 subjects a sem equals easy work for uni.. u just concentrate on 2 subjects
and work should be easy since its entry level jobs..

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I guess it would all come down to whether your priority is to have extra money to spend now or to get through uni as fast as possible. Would you mind it taking you a while longer to finish your degree?

deano059

HSC
when they assess gpa for transfers i think it says of at least a 0.75 workload

is this correct and if so does it to refer to say 3 subjects = 18uoc instead of 24?

can i become full time in second semester - after 14 weeks? and at worst catch up 6uoc over summer?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
when they assess gpa for transfers i think it says of at least a 0.75 workload

is this correct and if so does it to refer to say 3 subjects = 18uoc instead of 24?

can i become full time in second semester - after 14 weeks? and at worst catch up 6uoc over summer?
You need 0.75 (3 subjects or 18cp per sem at most unis) to be considered full-time for concessions purposes, however you need a full loading over a year for it be considered for transfer purposes (48cp over one year - 24cp or 4 subjects per sem).

deano059

HSC
kami said:
You need 0.75 (3 subjects or 18cp per sem at most unis) to be considered full-time for concessions purposes, however you need a full loading over a year for it be considered for transfer purposes (48cp over one year - 24cp or 4 subjects per sem).
so there is no way to study part time, even for a single semester, and still transfer the following year?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
so there is no way to study part time, even for a single semester, and still transfer the following year?
Oh you can transfer, but you won't be using your university results to do so - you would be using nothing but your UAI. Remember too that part time is 12cp a semester or less, which means that even if you studied full time the following semester you would not have enough for a full year's worth of tertiary study.

deano059

HSC
would 18uoc suffice as full time study for transfer purposes to use 50% results 50% uai?

deano059

HSC
and can someone go from full time to part time changing from one semester to the next?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
would 18uoc suffice as full time study for transfer purposes to use 50% results 50% uai?
No. You need an entire years worth of study for that, and 18cp a sem isn't enough to have a year of tertiary studies.
and can someone go from full time to part time changing from one semester to the next?
Depends on the course - some are listed as FT/PT, which means you can shift between modes. Others are strictly full time only.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Dean what course did u get into, and did u get a cadetship or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)