Particle Accelerator (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Hello, Just have a question

Michio Kaku is a theoretical physisist at the University of New york. When he was in High school he built a "primitive" working particle accelerator. He mentioned this in an article "Man from the eleventh dimension" out of COSMOS mag i believe.

Does anyone know how he could have built this particle accelerator?

Thanks

flier higher

HSC
N/A
omg, you know Prof. Dr. Michio Kaku? awesome; but that's not the point here.:)

i don't exactly get the gist of your question and its nature; are you considering building such a contraption yourself? =p

Kurt, as i'd assume your name to be, there might be a particle accelerator in front of you right now; the (CRT-type) TV and computer monitor contain rudimentary elements of any particle accelerator - a particle source, an electric field, magnets, vacuum chamber, and beam diagnostics.

here's a couple links to consider:
http://www.fnal.gov/ - fermilabs
http://www.myspace.com/mkaku - Michio Kaku's myspace; perhaps you could get in touch with him and ask him about it.

by the way, which of his publications have you read?

anyway, cya

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Where you refering to his acedemic papers or articles. I have read a few academic papers, doesnt make much sense, but still the big words are interesting, as for articles, i have read all the ones posted on his "official website" www.mkaku.org i found the most interesting one to be, blackholes, wormholes and the tenth dimension. I reakon that michio kaku is one of the greatest scientists to ever live! He has a very interesting way of explaining the most complex theories.

There is also a nother interesting scientist, Lisa Randall, who is also working in the area of theoretical physics, and has written the book, warped passages, which is a good read, she has worked on the hirecary proplem in physics, which involves branes and extra dimesions, and has also worked on string theory. So that is pritty interesting

As for the particle accelerator, I was just curious how he could have done it as he said him and his family were not that wealthy, so it would be interesting to know if it would work and how it could possibly work.

Thanks, cya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)