Password for the internet (1 Viewer)

dior1

HSC
N/A
Hey Tech Peeps
Just wondering if there is a way to lock or put a password on accessing the internet. On the main comp, I want to make it so that not anybody in my family can jump on and use the net (mainly for download limits n such)

So I know you can create accounts, but then they can just create another one and still get on the net. So im wondering if there is a way so they can't access the web without a password. and how would i go abut this?
can i do it myself, or would i need to ring up my isp?
ta =]

Skeeter

Banned
HSC
Hey Tech Nerds
Just wondering if there is a way to lock or put a password on accessing the internet. On the main comp, I want to make it so that not anybody in my family can jump on and use the net (mainly for download limits n such)

So I know you can create accounts, but then they can just create another one and still get on the net. So im wondering if there is a way so they can't access the web without a password. and how would i go abut this?
can i do it myself, or would i need to ring up my isp?

FIXED ./

Evilo

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
2. Unplug and hide the ethernet cable
i remember big-W used to sell special locks that fit around the end of electrical plugs to stop them from being plugged in. This could be used on the broadband modem.

Hiding the ethernet cable might work initially (my parents tried this), but i acquired another cable so it wasnt a problem.

Evilo

HSC
Also: if you had a router, you could easily block all outgoing traffic/the port.

michael1990

HSC
If you had a wireless router. Just make it so the computer doesn't automatically connect to the network. Then when you need it, connect using WEP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)