• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Past journeys papers (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Can we also get some other school's trials that didn't use CSSA/Independent?
that would be really great!

goan_crazy

HSC
this was our 1/2 yearly...
' Discuss how effective the composers of the texts you have studied in the Area of Study have been in representing physical journeys (change it to imaginative or inner if needed!) that have challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of our own world.'
In your response you should support your ideas by referring to your prescirbed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

the comprehension part was the ind 2004 comp-see 1st post

there was no creative writing- a King Lear question instead.

goan_crazy

HSC
A member posted up this poem:
good one for comprehension practice :)

starting from central station
A moon hands in the air,
Its hands at ten past ten:
My father leaps alive
And i shrink to his son

My father strides ahead
And stops to have a word
With men in caps who laugh.
He slips them a reward.

The trolley rolls behind
With boxes stacked like bricks:
Smoke and a whistle blow
And i am fifty six.

Houses move through the parks,
Streets run with greens and reds:
Night conjures up ythe same
Old promises and dreads.

The train is on its way
And daylight gets to work,
Puts father in a box
And shoves him in the dark.

Questions:
1 a) "in what ways days the poem relate to the idea of journeys?" (2 marks)
b) "identify 2 poetic technics used by the poet and explain how theyre used" (2 marks)

Last edited:
HSC
Hey guys, Sorry my scanner is borking up atm but I'll give you guys our journey/creative question

Creative: "Journeys are unexpected"
AOS: "Journeys are a learning experience"

The usual discuss that idea blah blah

Daza

HSC
Answers

Does anyone want to post their answers for the questions to

'starting from central station'

because I don't really get journeys put like that.

Like in the independant I didn't really get the journey with the boy travelling everywhere

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
CSSA 2005 AOS Paper:

question two
Choose ONE or more of the materials provided on page 9 as a stimulus for composing a narrative about a journey. The journey may be real or imaginary.
does someone have the "page 9" stimulus material for the creative writing of CSSA paper? it would really be appreciated. thanks :)

damo676767

HSC
section 2's

1. you are entering a writing competition for young writers. The comprtition is called 'Journeys'. Write a story about a journey.

2. The government is considering a proposal to demolish your school and sell the land. Write a letter to the local newspaper that describes the personal journey that you have been on in your years at the school, and your opinion of the proposal.

3. 'Life is a journey to an unknown destination.' Write a story for publication in a newspaper in respone to this statment.

4. You are conduting a radio program for young people on 'journeys' and have interviewed 2 people who have recently been on life-changing journeys. Write the transcript of the interview.

5. You have recently returned from a journey. Submit the diary that you kept at the time, for publication in the school magazine. It should have al least 5 entries and capture your responce of the journey.

6. You return from a holiday and telephone your best friend to tell him or her about your experiences. Write the transcript of the conversaton.

7. You are asked to give a speech at a school assembly. The topic is: 'We are all on a journey into the future'. Write the transcript of the speach.

8. Write a story titled: 'It was the journey of my life!"

9. Write the story of a relationship that you have had with someone. It can be a family member, friend, sporting coach - anyone at all. Try to depict the relationship as a journey of some kind.

10. 'Living is moving from one place to another, whether that place is real, imaginary or personal.' Write a personal responce to this statment.

Please people, more section 1's

sly fly

HSC
Does someone know where I can get the stimulus for the comprehension q's (CSSA)? (ie. the feature article, poem etc) It's not in the resources section....thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)