PAST PAPER HELP FOR 22a (i dont know how to answer it !!!) (1 Viewer)

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
22a)

i) Take the path, Task A -> Task C -> Task E -> Task F -> Task G, which would be 90 minutes. This path is taken as, in the time "25 minutes" it takes for Task C and Task E to be completed, simultaneously Task B and D can too be accomplished. If one was to utilise Task B and D as a basis "ten minutes" each, then Task C and E will not be completed in time for Task F to be attended to.

ii) Basically, in order to understand, and prepare for a means of task completion which doesn't deprive the business of "efficiency measurements". In order to increase the performance objective of "speed" a business must account for both the most efficient and most quick means of producing products. Through the above sequencing tool (CPA) one can extrapolate a means of production which would see the Tasks B, D, C, E be completed in the most efficient manner in order to be finalised upon initiating "Task F". --> Basically just elaborate of those notions in any way you feel comfortable with.

KierenTran

jenko
HSC
A) Critical path is ACEFG, as the critical path is the path that takes the longest.
II) They would use a sequencing tool because it forces the manager to actually plan the steps needed to complete a task and specify the time required for each task. Ultimately, it can be used to guide the transformation process as the manager can monitor actual progress against planned progress. If there are discrepencies then correct action can be made. Thus it makes the transformation process more efficient and effective.

Newbit

HSC
Q22
(a)
(i) Critical Path analysis is the longest path taken to complete a task. Therefore it goes Task A --> Task C --> Task E --> Task E --> Task F --> Task G. Which when added together is 15 +25 + 25 + 15 + 10 = 90. Therefore the answer is 90 mins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)