Pathways, have you heard of it - need advice! (1 Viewer)

Pathways

OKay i have a problem - im currently in Yr 12, my subjects are:

Legal Studies
Ancient History
Modern History
Stan. English and
Work Studies (non UAI)

I was also doing Earth and Environmental Science and Hospitallity in Yr 11.

Now the job till this morning, Sunady the 28th of March - i had my careers path all set out, it was a job that didnt need a UAI, so i dropped EES and HOSP, so anyway - i was going along nicly all content doing alright in my grades and everything. But today i just found out my chossen path has been cut of to me due to the fact that im colour blind!

My problem now in short is that i have no idea what i want to do post school, my adviser at school told me if i want to get a UAI i can do this thing called pathways, thats where i do 3 subjects now and stay on at school for an other year and do the other (at the least) two, to make up the numbers for a UAI - i have been considering doing this, but i don'y know what i want to do yet. Subject wise at the moment i havnt really cared much, and i have just been cruising along, for example in legal i wrote my last assignment in just under an hour and got 60% for it, where'as a mojority of the class had spent 3 weeks writting it and only got about 80%. I could do all the work if i tried, and i know that i could get a high UAI.
What do you think i should do - i'm nor going to take this decision lightly. The career that i wanted was something i had planned on since in was 10yrs old = now i have no idea what im going to do, nothing else seems interesting - i need some advice please.

*sorry for any spelling mistakes, etc.

acidicFury

I would suggest maybe trying to pick up E&ES.... ask your school, beg, plead special circumstances, etc., dedicate your holidays to catching up.

it's gonna be a lot of work, but would probably be better than doing another year of the HSC for one subject.

Really tough situation. Could maybe do your subjects again and do better in assessments from the start of the year next year along with another subject. Or, you could get a job and go to TAFE once a week to complete another subject and get a UAI. --- you could possibly get some better advice on this once you get your results, UAIs are released, etc. so we could give a rough estimate of what UAI you're headed for with the marks you've attained so far.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by acidicFury
I would suggest maybe trying to pick up E&ES.... ask your school, beg, plead special circumstances, etc., dedicate your holidays to catching up.

it's gonna be a lot of work, but would probably be better than doing another year of the HSC for one subject.

Really tough situation. Could maybe do your subjects again and do better in assessments from the start of the year next year along with another subject. Or, you could get a job and go to TAFE once a week to complete another subject and get a UAI. --- you could possibly get some better advice on this once you get your results, UAIs are released, etc. so we could give a rough estimate of what UAI you're headed for with the marks you've attained so far.
Yes that's a good choice, try it out, it's not worth doing another year, chances are you'll feel shitty.

soso

HSC
N/A
Some options: If you are at a private school you may be able to enrol at OTEN 9715 8000. It is a distance education school that specializes in HSC subjects. Ask for the HSC co-ordinator and explain your situation. You can do a subject then by correspondence during your HSC year. You could work in the holidays and catch up. You may only have 1 or 2 days left to enrol so be quick

If you are not in a private school this option is not available. But you could do one or more subjects next year this way and work part-time. This may make you eligible for independant living status for austudy/youth allowance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)