Pdhpe ppl - Did anyone do first aid ? (1 Viewer)

tetrisam

HSC
I was just wondering if any pdhpe students had trouble with first aid? any thoughts, criticisms?

And how are u finding prelim pdhpe? Personally i find it interesting but tedious at times.

bored of sc

HSC
We are starting First Aid next term. I find PDHPE okay. I found Core 3 - Body in Motion OKAY and Core 2 - Better Health for Individuals pretty darn average. But yeah, we had an easy test so :)!! I'm actually confused about what I think of the subject. *looks at signature*

tetrisam

HSC
Yeah the essay tests are great, for some strange reason i always do crap in multiple choice things. I think im pretty confused as to where i stand in pdhpe, not sure if i like it or hate it.

Oh, I'm starting body in motion next term, pretty excited about that one.

bored of sc

HSC
tetrisam said:
Yeah the essay tests are great, for some strange reason i always do crap in multiple choice things. I think im pretty confused as to where i stand in pdhpe, not sure if i like it or hate it.

Oh, I'm starting body in motion next term, pretty excited about that one.
If you're into the sciency side of PDHPE you'll LOVE it. It's all about skeletal muscular and cardiorespiratory systems; muscle and joint actions, components of physical fitness and biomechanics (motion, forces, acceleration etc). :)

aussnapie

HSC
i found first aid pretty easy - probably because ive been working with st john ambulance since i was 9... :) always helps

bored of sc

HSC
angewah said:
i wish i did first aid :(
good topic ?
In my opinion is quite a good topic. You learn about all the basics of first aid (well that's what I've done so far i.e. for 2 lessons).

Aplus

HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
In my opinion is quite a good topic. You learn about all the basics of first aid (well that's what I've done so far i.e. for 2 lessons).
You would expect that, with course name 'First Aid' :p

angewah

HSC
well if you were to get a cert in first aid,
would doing the topic help at all ?

grundo

HSC
:uhhuh: Yeah we did first aid... for me it was easy, and it would be useful in real life, which I like. I like PDHPE, especially Body in Motion, I find that really interesting.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
We start First Aid this term along with Outdoor Rec.
I have to say that PDHPE is one of my favourite subjects, I find it very interesting and I would happily do something similar at uni. After the dreary first core it became one of my favourite subjects very quickly (however I am not a fan of Biomechanics grr).
Anyone else agree?

tetrisam

HSC
Sarah182 said:
I have to say that PDHPE is one of my favourite subjects, I find it very interesting and I would happily do something similar at uni. After the dreary first core it became one of my favourite subjects very quickly (however I am not a fan of Biomechanics grr).
Anyone else agree?
Yesss, just recently started body in motion and have to admit that the biomechanics part isnt that fun =(, Strange enough, i did quite good in the Better Health For Individuals core, it was easy to bs in the assessment =)

bored of sc

HSC
Sarah182 said:
Anyone else agree?
Yes and No.

It is a fairly good subject at times for content (body in motion) however I am in a class I don't like (most of the people in it). :(

asdf.cosmo

HSC
I love PDHPE. I'm currently coming 1st :) We did first aid as well, I found it pretty interesting. I'm really liking core 3. Veeery interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)