Pedophile Ferguson can't be forced to move (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I never said he should be in prison.

But I hardly see a child rapist deserves to be left alone in peace given the damage he's done to the lives of others.
Send him to a mining colony. Lets see how many miners "leave him alone" :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
How do you measure harm and equate it with a prison sentence?
Idk. But I sure know that what you've said isn't a valid counter-argument!

That's the way justice currently works (rehabilitation my ass). Working out the specifics is the job for the next dude. What are you arguing?

Isn't this overly simplistic? What if someone commits a crime that doesn't cause much harm, but repeatedly commits minor crimes and shows no remorse or willingness to change?
That's what's called a nuisance. If they've committed minor crimes and they've done the time, and they do them repeatedly, there's not really any problem imho. They've done the requisite time.

What if someone commits a serious crime like child abuse, but the victim does not appear to have been harmed much at all?
wat

Daipire

HSC
"He's like any other tenant in a rental property," [spokesperson for Mr Borger] said.

Yeah, any other tenant who can be described as a notorious pedophile....

coopert

HSC
Obviously, Ferguson is a dirty, dirty pedo. A predator, who has himself admitted that he is likely to reoffend. He is a threat to children, and society as a whole.

However, this is 2009, and if we are to be a society who adheres to and respects our judicial system; we need to accept the fact that he by finishing his prison sentence, he has therefore, in the eyes of the law, paid his debt to society. Are we a society whom obeys the most basic rule of law, or are we one that is reduced to mob rule at a whim, weilding torches and pitchforks at whoever we please?

People have asked me "Would you want to live next to him?" and "Would you allow your children to live near him?" And the answer is obviously, 'No'. I would not want to live near him, especially if I had a family of my own.

It's difficult, because Pedophiles are Pedophiles; and they can not suddenly be taught the error of their ways during a prison sentence. They nearly always reoffend. But realistically, what more can they (the authorities) actually do? Short of exiling him off to Christmas Island, there is no way that they can ensure that the community is safe and that he does not offend again.

And if we are going to suddenly treat him different because of a crime that he (in the eyes of the legal system) has already paid his debt for, then this would start a precedent whereby anybody who has ever been convicted of any crime could potentially be treated as a second class citizen.

Also, on a more general note; pedophiles live anywhere and everywhere. We just don't know about it. The suburb of Ryde in Sydney's North was all up in arms about how "We don't want him here" etc, but realistically, he would not be the first Pedophile to live in the area, and he will not be the last.

Chasing one man out of the area will not suddenly make the greater issue of Child Abuse and Pedophilia go away.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Obviously, Ferguson is a dirty, dirty pedo. A predator, who has himself admitted that he is likely to reoffend. He is a threat to children, and society as a whole.

However, this is 2009, and if we are to be a society who adheres to and respects our judicial system; we need to accept the fact that he by finishing his prison sentence, he has therefore, in the eyes of the law, paid his debt to society. Are we a society whom obeys the most basic rule of law, or are we one that is reduced to mob rule at a whim, weilding torches and pitchforks at whoever we please?

People have asked me "Would you want to live next to him?" and "Would you allow your children to live near him?" And the answer is obviously, 'No'. I would not want to live near him, especially if I had a family of my own.

It's difficult, because Pedophiles are Pedophiles; and they can not suddenly be taught the error of their ways during a prison sentence. They nearly always reoffend. But realistically, what more can they (the authorities) actually do? Short of exiling him off to Christmas Island, there is no way that they can ensure that the community is safe and that he does not offend again.

And if we are going to suddenly treat him different because of a crime that he (in the eyes of the legal system) has already paid his debt for, then this would start a precedent whereby anybody who has ever been convicted of any crime could potentially be treated as a second class citizen.

Also, on a more general note; pedophiles live anywhere and everywhere. We just don't know about it. The suburb of Ryde in Sydney's North was all up in arms about how "We don't want him here" etc, but realistically, he would not be the first Pedophile to live in the area, and he will not be the last.

Chasing one man out of the area will not suddenly make the greater issue of Child Abuse and Pedophilia go away.
you are a shit poster

badquinton304

HSC
How do you measure harm and equate it with a prison sentence?

Isn't this overly simplistic? What if someone commits a crime that doesn't cause much harm, but repeatedly commits minor crimes and shows no remorse or willingness to change?

What if someone commits a serious crime like child abuse, but the victim does not appear to have been harmed much at all?
Why don't you take a seat?

jessicalysenko

HSC
Doesn't anyone else realise that he has been in and out of jail multiple times? He isn't forced to get rehabilitation, though many pedos do choose to do hormone therapy as they want to prevent themselves from re offending. If he was serious about not doing anything again, he would at least admit what he has done and get some proper help.

HE was found naked, with an erection, with Vaseline on his hand whilst a little girl was on the bed naked and covered in Vaseline. I think he should just at least admit what he did and accept that it is wrong. Until he does, it is clear that he is going to re offend, or at least consider it.

For each time someone is caught doing a crime (murder is different I guess) they have almost certainly done it multiple times before. You can't prove it, but it's a known fact.

The poor parents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)