Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS) Program (1 Viewer)

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
I got this for accounting for businness, any pass students went to it before, is it useful. What do you do there, like do you just ask questions about things you don't understand or do they give us a lecture. Is it a waste of time???

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
oooh i'm doing business at uts, what is this pass thing? sounds like something similar to peer support =/ but whatevs, i'm totally ignorant of this, so please enlighten me.

rormonor

HSC
got it aswell.. i think its like 1h a week with some person whoes done really well in Accounting for Business helping you out with any questions you have and giving you tips and info about the subject.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Yes, Rormonor is right. It is pretty much a class organised and held by students who gained (High)High Distinctions who answer any questions that you didn't pick up in lectures and tutorials.

Economics for Business have a similar program which is called E-Pal classes.

If you are having trouble I'm sure that they would be helpful (even though I didn't attend any) because they are normally in a smaller student environment which definately seems beneficial.

Best thing about these programs is that they are free- they are covered in course fees, so you will never have to pay a cent for it (accounting and economics had high fail percentages, and apparently these programs have reduced the number).

I believe you need to register for the PASS program, but the E-Pal classes are drop-in ones (you can go into any of the scheduled classes).

Lectures will probably tell you alot more about this during the first weeks- like "you can turn a distinction into a high distinction" or "turn a fail into a pass" etc etc.

Hope this helps.

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
Thanks, it was very helpful
Now since it's about asking questions, so if you register for one do you need to go every week or just whenever you need help?? Can you register and not go at all??

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
rormonor said:
Mondays 10.30-11.30am, Building 5, Room C1.11 is the first one you can choose to go to
ohhh okay right, right. In that case, my one is the thursday morning session

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)