Pen recommendations? (1 Viewer)

poseid0n

HSC
Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for pens, preferably 0.5mm and gel ink? I'm on the hunt for a new one (hopefully the last one I'll settle on) since I've realised my old and preferred ballpoint pen is a tad too light ink-wise and is probably contributing to the degree of illegibility in my essays, but the plastic bodies of the Muji gel ink pens I've been using for notes thus far start to bite after 15 minutes of essay writing practice LOL. I'm eyeing the Pilot G-2 0.5mm gel ink ones right now but if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears! (Esp if they've been tried and tested, are pretty reliable in the lack of blotting incidents department, etc..)

Thanks!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Maybe problem is not the pen, but the way you write. I've no problem with my Muji pens.

idkkdi

HSC
i feel like i have this issue as well - my friends have commented on my odd pen grip. do you think trying to change your whole pen grip is possible in the span of like 1 or 2 years ?
ye i went from thumb wrap around to completely triangle grip in like half a yr back in yr 8 or sth. tho thumb wrap around index is not a severe type of deviation.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
i feel like i have this issue as well - my friends have commented on my odd pen grip. do you think trying to change your whole pen grip is possible in the span of like 1 or 2 years ?
With 1 or 2 years, I think it's possible.
I've been thinking of starting a class for 5 or 6 year olds, in the hunch that they need to be taught how to write while they're still young; this includes how to hold (grip) the pen. From my past experience, trying to teach some Yr 11 or 12 students how to write, I don't think I got very far, and that's not my fault. The main problem is, once you have developed your writing style,(usually wrongly) it is almost set in concrete. It becomes very hard to unlearn your bad handwriting.
It is such a needless tragedy! When you learn how to do it right from young, it's easy. Once you have got it wrong (don't forget, most teachers - under 40 year old, have themselves never been taught how to write, and are in no position to guide you), it becomes very hard to correct yourself.

poseid0n

HSC
Haha I'm working on a constrained time sched here so I figured finding a new pen would be a wiser move than attempting to change my pen grip at this point. I've experimented with several pens and concluded that regular ball point pens tend to decrease the legibility of my handwriting, and foregoing a pen without a rubber grip is practically begging for a minor injury. But I do agree, it've been best if I'd identified this issue years ago.

asduiashdi

HSC
personally i really like these jetstream pens that are also rather affordable compared to gel pens. I think it offers a bit more resistance when writing which forces me to be neater, and slow down a bit. it's 10 for 10 at officeworks.

they should also be more reliable than gel pens: highlighting works great and writing on white out, and theres no issues with blotting/bleeding like with gel pens. i've found them to be pretty comfortable to hold too

fuzi

HSC
If you like the Muji ink but want a nicer barrel to accompany it, you can get a Lamy Safari rollerball pen and put on a small ball of tape or something down into the barrel to keep the ink refill stable. The pen itself is quite nice but the ink refill designed for it (the Lamy M63) is horrible and ungodly expensive, but the Muji ones work amazingly with it

trubee

HSC
those multicolour cat pens at daiso work for me.

yanujw

HSC
Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for pens, preferably 0.5mm and gel ink? I'm on the hunt for a new one (hopefully the last one I'll settle on) since I've realised my old and preferred ballpoint pen is a tad too light ink-wise and is probably contributing to the degree of illegibility in my essays, but the plastic bodies of the Muji gel ink pens I've been using for notes thus far start to bite after 15 minutes of essay writing practice LOL. I'm eyeing the Pilot G-2 0.5mm gel ink ones right now but if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears! (Esp if they've been tried and tested, are pretty reliable in the lack of blotting incidents department, etc..)

Thanks!
Pilot G2s are great! I recommend you try out the 0.7mm ink though, it's smoother which will help you to write faster.

HSC
yea i like my pens tips thicc its way smoother and your pen glides on the paper

HSC
im using the pilot bps-gp (XB) 1.6mm. any pilot pen is cracked tbh also the pens from usyd open day is suprising good i used it for my english exam lmao

MJRey

HSC
I personally like the Sharpie gel pens (usually 0.7mm). They're great for gliding on the page so you can write quickly. Uni-ball micro deluxe are also pretty good.

204204op

HSC
as an avid gel user i recently switched to uni jetstream 0.5 and 0.7 especially for my english exams. its light as and has a good grip, ink almost emulating a gel

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Hey all,

Thanks!
I really like the pentel energel clena (I believe they come in a 0.5, I personally use the 0.38 though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)