penalties: no P display + no license on hand (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
transcendent said:
i got pulled over for not having L plates put on properly by my Dad with no previous offenses and still copped the fine. fucking pigs. how the hell did your boyfriend get off without a licence? i hate the police.

Don't blame the police for your laziness. You know the law, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure your L-plates are clearly displayed, not your dad.

Pace_T

HSC
CieL said:
I think they do..
My friend used to always say that they know they dropped one and is going to the RTA to get a replacement..

Clearly on display.

If outside:
Either show your whole plate by using those plate holder things... or use a magnetic plate.. I guess you can get away with having a corner tucked behind your number plate but you musnt block the coloured bits

If inside:
Plate must be pressed against the glass. Rear plate is behind the driver's seat area, whilst front plate is in front of the passenger area. No obstructions (eg. spoiler).. And i'm not sure how it works if your tint is really dark.

Yeahh.. that's all I can think of atm

thanx. so i have them on right after all. i gotta get some of htose magnetic ones...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
i gotta get some of htose magnetic ones...
For the time being, you could just use clear sticky tape to hold up the plates against the window if you're doing it that way.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
CieL said:
If outside:
Either show your whole plate by using those plate holder things... or use a magnetic plate.. I guess you can get away with having a corner tucked behind your number plate but you musnt block the coloured bits

If inside:
Plate must be pressed against the glass. Rear plate is behind the driver's seat area, whilst front plate is in front of the passenger area. No obstructions (eg. spoiler).. And i'm not sure how it works if your tint is really dark.
i saw an L plater with only about 1/2 the plate poking out of behind their number plate, and i think it was sideways to top it off (ie. you could only see the bottom half the L and a bit of yellow next to that). you could barely tell they were on their L's until you were <10m behind them. i feel sorry for them if they got caught

i'm on my L's, and the one thing i hate is when the L on the back of the car falls over. i got beeped a couple of times for going slow..didnt realise till later on that the sticky L i had on the back windscreen'd fallen off. reckon i'd get done for that?
now we stick one of the 'real' (cardboard-y) ones on the middle of my back windscreen, and hold it in place with the side of the brake light. that's the only way we could get it to stay..stupid plates

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah it was a fair bit of badluck, I guess iam just forgetful about carrying my wallet all the time, and as i was driving my car[ which ALWAYS has plates on] i never thought to check they were there. Either they fell off, which happens alot because of the way my numberplate is placed, or some dipshit kids took it.

How did they know i was licensed? well it seemed obvious i knew how to drive, my dad was next to me who vouched for me, i gave them my details [incase i come up as disqualified i guess] blew a 0.00 so i guess they took it in good faith, and if it turned out i was unlicensed they would come and bust my chops.

I dont really blame the cops, i just feel really stupid. One of them was pretty good[the rookie ofcourse] the other was a real bastard, checking out my car, looking for defects, asking me odd questions about drugs, made me *show* him where i put my plates normally. Like godamn there was nothing wrong with my driving, they were out for drink drivers and iwas obeying the normal road rules...

but yeah it was totally my fault and even the bastard cop was just doing his job so i cant fault him, next time i guess i better have my license and duct tape my plates on or something

Or on my dads white car i could paint a green P? lol lets see the kids steal that!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hehehe i can so see you painting a P on
they'd probably defect you for it knowing the bastards :p

and when you get your fulls...?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
tres bien said:
You are allowed to have red Ps on the car, even when you are a green P plater or even a full licenced person. A female cop told me that once. She drives on reds herself sometimes. Don't know if those particular rules have changed in the last three years though.
Really? I thought you're not supposed to do that... but I think my sister did that at one stage (many years ago) because she wasn't too familiar with the area and didn't want people to honk at her for not going as fast as the rest of 'em.

Pace_T said:
thanx. so i have them on right after all. i gotta get some of htose magnetic ones...
Heard those damage the car paint if you leave them on for more than a week at a time- hence why I chose to go with the sticky ones which go on your windshield/rear window (anyone know the correct term for that window?). My small spoiler doesn't obstruct it I don't think, but I put it up high on the window so it's clearly visible.

Jiga

Uhm When double demerits are on, its double for everything. Not just speeding and seatbelts, that was just for the 12 month double D period thing.
Lol your a lost cunt.

I've actually heard of some people getting 2 points per missing P plate.
Yeah I know someone that happened to!

HSC
hahahah.
yeah, coz drivers are too lazy to look an inch to the left on their mirror
EDIT: oh wait..in the rear...
still...you must be blind if you cant see the plate on the left side..

pottsy44

HSC
i screw my p plates into the front and rear number plates, no way they going to fall off lol.

BeastHouse

HSC
It is 1 demerit per P plate. If in Double Demerits its 2 each plate. Such shit to the dicks who think theyre cool cos they dont wear em.

And you should display plates on the number plate or in the top right hand corner of your windsheild and back window.

j_davo24

HSC
BeastHouse said:
And you should display plates on the number plate or in the top right hand corner of your windsheild and back window.
No you shouldn't. It was said just a few posts ago where it shud go.

RTA said:
If placing P signs on windows, they must be held against the glass, be displayed conspicuously in lower left-hand (passenger) side of the windscreen and on the lower left-hand side of the rear facing window and must not be placed on any other part of the window area.

Jiga

I dont think double demerit weekends apply to that offence ;)

As for disiplaying p's, how could you display them on your right! Thats just common sense, it would obscure your view, dunno why it matters if its on the bottom left or top left though

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok heres the update: didnt get booked for no license, something to do with the fact that i had my dad there who was full license and vouched for me

did get booked for not displaying plates 117$ fine or something but only 2 points i think. I called up the station and got lucky with talking to the cop who booked me[what are the odds?] and he beleived that i had a plate on, and it was the back one missing he had a problem with
[to be honnest i am pretty sure both were missing but i am not going to argue]

he was very helpful and said if i lodged an appeal for leniency i would be very likely to get it, given the circumstances and he was just doing his job yada yada felt sorry for me cause i was just picking my dad up[gave him the whole sob story]
I dont know how appeals work,
but if they contact the officer who issued the indictment then i reckon i have a good chance of not losing the points or coping the fine[which is pretty small as it is and i wouldnt mind that much paying it]

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
DaddyK said:
Uhm When double demerits are on, its double for everything. Not just speeding and seatbelts, that was just for the 12 month double D period thing. No p's? double demerits.
um you're wrong, faggot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)