• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Penrith campus (engineering/construction management) (1 Viewer)

dibe4

HSC
hi i was just wondering if ppl at the penrith campus, doing engineering(civil) or construction management can comment on the course, how are you finding the course? is it diffculty? interesting?

im considering to do engineering or construction management at penrith campus?? whiuch would u recommend me to do?

thanks

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
i'm doing the engineering course and am about to start my 3rd year this year and so far i've enjoyed it. overall it's a pretty good course and some very interesting subjects. obviously there are a few tough subjects which you will find challenging as well such as water engineering and structural engineering but, if you do the work and pay attention, you'll be fine. as for which one i'd recommend. it all depends on you. a civil engineer who sub majors in construction has more options and opportunities open to him/her than someone who does the construction course alone. if you're like me and choose choose construction as you're sub major, you'll end up doing 4 construction subjects in your final 2 years anyway. i'd recommend the civil engineering purely because it's the course i have done and have enjoyed it. hope that helps

dibe4

HSC
just curious, but have you tried to transfer to another uni or are u happy with doing ur engineering degree at uws???

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
i've applied to transfer to uts but only for the 1 year of work experience they do..nothing else. the engineering course at uws is a very good one and if i didn't get into uts then i'd be happy staying here. in fact, i decided that only if i get a spot at uts i'l leave. i've applied to go to unsw too but i won't take their offer if i get one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)