• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Penrith vs Bankstown Campus (1 Viewer)

R

Roxtar

The courses I have applied for are offered at Bankstown and Penrith. I live equally close distance to both (Hills District). I plan to take a test drive to each location to gauge the easiest trip.

However please tell me which campus is most modern and well maintained and provides the best learning environment, according to your opinion.

Any other comment or info welcome.

R

Roxtar

Thx Tuna. Anyone been to both campus?

PS. Any more active Forum with students from UWS posting? This one a little quiet at the moment.

NotOneLess

HSC
Penrith. Its bigger, has 2 libraries and caters for students from more disciplines.

Kai7918

HSC
N/A
yup penrith is gud

b/w do u have an orientation, if yes then on which campus!?

n gud luck with ur uni life :D

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
What degree are you doing? I also live in the hills and go to Penrith, but if I could stand the traffic I would go to Bankstown because my degree has far more psych electives offered there. Penrith is a nice campus though :)

R

Roxtar

What degree are you doing? I also live in the hills and go to Penrith, but if I could stand the traffic I would go to Bankstown because my degree has far more psych electives offered there. Penrith is a nice campus though :)
BA Major in Psych... As you are. What are you doing after 3rd year?

isjongood

HSC
Seeing as your a psych student I would also recommend Bankstown, it's where psych is centralised so more of the units are put on there.

It's a fairly small campus (less walking yay!) and has a particular charm to it that I find appealing.

Don't get me wrong Penrith is nice too (My Mum lives just down the road) but psych electives there are fairly rare.

On a different I think Campbelltown is the best UWS campus, it's pretty with all the trees and sculptures... but no psych :cry:.

R

Roxtar

Thx isjongood I'll change my prefs back to what they originally were, Bankstown.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i'm just going to be outright racist here ok?

if you don't like lebanese people don't go to bankstown

isjongood

HSC
i'm just going to be outright racist here ok?

if you don't like lebanese people don't go to bankstown
I’m going to be honest here ok?

If you judge people you don’t know based on stereotypes of their race, you are an idiotic pathetic hate-filled bigot.

I would suggest you mix with a wider variety of races (beyond fleeting contact), you'll quickly realise people are people regardless of their race.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I’m going to be honest here ok?

If you judge people you don’t know based on stereotypes of their race, you are an idiotic pathetic hate-filled bigot.

I would suggest you mix with a wider variety of races (beyond fleeting contact), you'll quickly realise people are people regardless of their race.
i never suggested it was an issue for me, i merelt said thatif it was an issue for the OP. i happen to be from a mixed race and i have friends from a variety of races. for god sakes i'm from the inner west, i know plenty about culturall diversity

isjongood

HSC
i never suggested it was an issue for me, i merelt said thatif it was an issue for the OP. i happen to be from a mixed race and i have friends from a variety of races. for god sakes i'm from the inner west, i know plenty about culturall diversity
Than why do you advocate avoiding a university campus because of the presence of a racial group?

philphie

Banned
HSC
Than why do advocate avoiding a university campus because of the presence of a racial group?
i don't, if the OP was a racist what would be the point of sending him/her to a culturally diverse area? he'd probably just start up a lot of trouble. i'd rather this be avoided. i'm not advocating racists to be sheltered for the rest of their lives but come on, what is the chance that a racist forced to be in a culturally diverse environment would no longer be a racist bigot?

isjongood

HSC
i don't, if the OP was a racist what would be the point of sending him/her to a culturally diverse area? he'd probably just start up a lot of trouble. i'd rather this be avoided. i'm not advocating racists to be sheltered for the rest of their lives but come on, what is the chance that a racist forced to be in a culturally diverse environment would no longer be a racist bigot?
Can't you see that by doing this your in effect condoning the continuation of racism, your focus shouldn't be on keeping the racist comfortable it should be on removing their racism.

Racism should have no place in any free equal human society.

"what is the chance that a racist forced to be in a culturally diverse environment would no longer be a racist bigot?"

In an ideal world the racist individual would meet individuals of other races and realise that their preconceptions are false.

In a more realistic setting once racist individuals realise that others do not hold the racist perceptive they do (and that others look down on them because of it) they will change their racist perspective accordingly.

EDIT: Also as Roxtar says below, why do you assume she is racist?

Last edited:
R

Roxtar

i don't, if the OP was a racist...
Moron.. Next time ask the OP if they're racist first. Or wait for a racist question to come up. Stop talking your sh!t and saying OP and racist in the same sentence as you're trying to palm the racism off on me. Jerk, you want to be a racist and then say you weren't. At least step up and admit your own mistake. Fool, you will never learn.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Can't you see that by doing this your in effect condoning the continuation of racism, your focus shouldn't be on keeping the racist comfortable it should be on removing their racism.

Racism should have no place in any free equal human society.

"what is the chance that a racist forced to be in a culturally diverse environment would no longer be a racist bigot?"

In an ideal world the racist individual would meet individuals of other races and realise that their preconceptions are false.

In a more realistic setting once racist individuals realise that others do not hold the racist perceptive they do (and that others look down on them because of it) they will change their racist perspective accordingly.
i know enough about freedom to understand tolerance for intolerance

philphie

Banned
HSC
Moron.. Next time ask the OP if they're racist first. Or wait for a racist question to come up. Stop talking your sh!t and saying OP and racist in the same sentence as you're trying to palm the racism off on me. Jerk, you want to be a racist and then say you weren't. At least step up and admit your own mistake. Fool, you will never learn.
no point admitting to my 'mistake' if i'll never learn Mr. T

philphie

Banned
HSC
it's a shame you couldn't hear me say my original comment, maybe then you would recognise the tone as being in very dry humour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)